You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon to your Saves list
Ranked #32 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Plenty of places to eat and drink in the vicinity so the location is good. My room was very spacious and clean. Everything worked as it should. The only drawback was there was no safe in the room - other than that, no complaints at all.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I usually stay at the Country Inn and Suites by Carleton every time I travel. I am a traveling sales person so I frequent hotels a lot and had become a Carleton club member. I am sorry to say but this is one hotel I will not recommend.

1. At check in there are only 2 luggage carts for the guest. They have 4-stories of rooms but 2 carts. Even being a club member I was put on the 4th floor. With all my business materials and luggAge it took me 5 trips.

2. I stayed for 6 days and 4 out of the 6 days they kept running out of eggs and misc food you look forward to in the morning.

3. The 4th day I stayed I decided to sleep in the 2nd bed (The room had 2 beds) and when I pulled open the sheets there was blood like someone had a nose bleed. This showed me that when guest leave they do not change the sheets all thie time but simply just make the bed.

4. Even with the bloody sheets episode you would have thought they would offer a discount or an apology. As you may have guessED....NOTHING!

I stayed the week of Jan 14-20th 2013. Please do not go here.

Room Tip: Do not bring the Hotel coupon from the coupon book they advertise in. They will not take it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank sinter4911
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm writing this review from the hotel over the free wifi.

This is a great bargain in a great area. I'm staying here 2 nights for the RV Supershow. The area is actually very convenient with a lot of nice restaurants, a mall and access to main highways. Didn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get to the Florida Aquarium downtown.

We have 2 kids, 5 and 2. 4 of us altogether in a suite thats larger than most rooms with a great area with a couch and chair, a desk area and a small microwave/fridge area. The room is large, really clean and well kept. The bathroom is standard, clean with strong pressurized hot water, hair dryer and the regular toiletries. The room is large overall and we like the extra space. The air conditioner is horrible though. Loud and too powerful. I would set it to 70 before you go to bed, get the room cold, then turn it up to 72 so that it doesn't start when you try to go to sleep. The fridge made some weird noises as well. It woke me up the first night around 4 and I had to give it a whack to get back to sleep. Lets see tonight. Theres ample channels on the TV and its a flat screen. The picture is not HD however. There's free wifi. I'm not knocking the hotel rating for the fridge. We asked for it, and we need it. Just an FYI.

The entrance way to the hotel was nice with a simple and clean fireplace area and a check in office. Also on the 1st floor was a dining room for breakfast, some conference spaces and a small weight room with a couple of elipticals and all in ones. The free breakfast is a great feature but get down early. There is a pretty good selection including scrambled eggs, sausage,waffles, coffee and breads. There are also free cookies at night.

I would recommend this place for a short stay. The AC noise is really my only complaint and I would say that in my recommendation. Without the AC noise its easily a 5 star moderate hotel.

We've stayed in Ritz-Carlton's to tents. This is a well kept and clean establishment to rest your head for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tappahannock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this facility for one evening before leaving Tampa Bay on a cruise. I thought the number ne rated place in the area was a bit farther out than i wanted and this place seemed convenienth and the price was very favorable. In fact, the price was low enough that i worried about safety and cleanliness, but the reviews were good and I have learned to trust tripadvisor reviews as long as there are enough of them to have a critical mass. Anyhow, this place was very clean, perfectly acceptable, very safe and extremely close to all kinds of restaurants and places to shop, including a regional mall. The check in staff (Kevin) was extremely helpful and the room was good and it was clean. The continental breakfast was the standard fare, but the breakfast room was clean and the food was appropriate. For the price, we will make sure we seek this hotel out again if and when we are in the Tampa area. Management deserves Kudos and their staff does an excellent job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the true reflection of a superbly management Country Inn. My sheets and linens are fresh and clean daily, my room smells fresh and clean and the staff is a pleasure to speak with. The breakfast was great as well. My business travel brings me to Tampa and you have earned my business. As a Concierge Elite member I see many of these hotels and yours is "PLATNIMUM".....Great job!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank buckmaster300mag
Franklin, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We prefer to stay here whenever we visit our family nearby. The one bedroom suites provide a separate sitting area, complete with refrigerator and microwave, a comfortable sofa, and a wing chair. Very comfortable. Hotel is clean, staff members are pleasant, and breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Spend a little bit extra and get the suite. Well worth the very small expense.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pontiacnuts
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great place to stay. Hot breakfast with fresh fruit and plenty of food choices. Accommodating staff. Reasonable prices. Will stay here again! inbetween the beaches and disney just off interstate 75 and shopping center

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rick L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!