“Great, clean place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Brick,NJ
“Great, clean place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were in the area for vacation but had one day we had to fill so we stayed here. The room was a standard room. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast bar was great also. Make sure you have the cherry cheesecake cookies when there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel is easy to find. Close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.
We stayed in a double suite, room 412. This room has a full sized kitchen (no stove top or range). It has a breakfast bar area with barstools. It has 1 bathroom, a living room with a TV, pull out hideabed sofa, a chair and a desk. There is a separate bedroom with 2 beds and a dresser and another TV. Plenty of room for the family.
Nice closet space too.
Check in was easy and fast.
The room was spacious and mostly clean. The bottom of the couch cushion had a huge stain on it - yuk.
The bathroom was clean and spacious. Water pressure was fine.
The kitchen was a nice bonus. Just had a lot of cabinets, a microwave and a full size frig. There was a loose tile where the carpet met the tile. The carpet was frayed in that same area. If you stepped on it with your bare feet you would step on the carpet tack strip. Ouch.
We did not use the pool.
The breakfast was great. Plenty of food with 2 waffle irons. The lady working the breakfast room kept busy restocking supplies. She did not have time to wash off tables in between guest. She was very nice and quickly retrieved anything you needed.
Check out was simple and fast.
Overall, this hotel was just what we needed for our trip to Tampa and Busch Gardens. Nice, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for work, and the hotel staff was great, but the hotel left a lot to be desired. The rooms were old, the air conditioning unit was loud, the TVs are flat screen but the quality of the picture was terrible, the 'gym' if that's what you want to call it was the size of a closet with two treadmills, one elliptical, and one weight machine. They only served breakfast (food was ok), so don't plan on eating here or getting a drink in the evening since there is no bar. The pool was the size of a hot tub and I didn't even see a hot tub (maybe there wasn't one?). And even though I got a suite, there was no refrigerator or microwave so all my leftovers went to waste.

So if you need a place to stay for one night it's fine, but if you are going to be there for a couple nights or more I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Perfect location for our needs. The hotel was clean and well maintained. We would stay there again. The airconditioner was a bit loud. the food was good and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I learned something very important about Tampa/Brandon - there are lots of social rules. This hotel is no exception. My husband and I are not wild and crazy. Actually, we're quite quiet and like very little interference from hotel staff, etc. because we like to do our own thing and enjoy ourselves. There seem to be a lot of rules in the Tampa/Brandon area, for example: "sit wherever you like...but not there!"

What does this have to do with this particular hotel, you ask?
1. Daily notices that we had the do not disturb sign on our door so housekeeping didn't come in to clean our room. At the 3rd day, we were advised that housekeeping is required to clean our room. Reluctantly, we obeyed. We're not dirty people...we just like our privacy and to decrease the risk that housekeeping might take some of our possessions as their own souveniers. The rule is, I should not expect to have my privacy.
2. During the week, complimentary breakfast ends at 9:30...and they mean 9:30! If you show up at 9:00, you can also expect to get chided for not coming down sooner. The rule is, I should arrive early for breakfast and not try to get extra rest.
3. When you try to address the issue of breakfast ending at 9:30, you get directed to the sign that says breakfast ends at 9:30 with an irritated attitude by the front desk. The rule is, I shouldn't question their rules.
4. Complaining about the whirlpool in your room not working when you checkout is your fault for not reporting it sooner. My thought is, it should have worked properly in the first place. I'm responsible for so much at my job that when I take a vacation, I don't want to have to tend to fixing yet another problem. The rule though is that I should have taken care of it when it stopped working.

To summarize:
The room was ok. The non-working whirlpool was annoying. The shower was awesome. The bathroom was clean. The one time I allowed the housekeeper to clean our room, she sweetly put all of our toiletries that we brought on a towel on the counter (slightly creeping me out that she touched every single one of our possessions...but it was a sweet gesture). She didn't however give give us another hand soap (she threw our hand soap away) or lotion (lotion being the one item I forgot to bring). The bed was clean. The room was clean. Though it was a busy week for the hotel, it was rather quiet. The bed was comfy. The breakfast was...better than other hotels I've stayed in (including other Country Inn and Suites). So other than the inconvenience of the rules and the snarky attitude of the front desk and breakfast workers (not all of them but some)...it was an average place to stay. If you use the hotel as a base from which to explore Tampa and St. Pete...it's conveniently located next to the on-ramp for 75.

The complimentary cookies were a nice touch.

Would I stay there again...maybe. If I found some other place, I would probably be willing to try that over this hotel. That being said, I've certainly stayed in worse places - for example: Holiday Inn in Manchester, TN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean the people were friendly. Breakfast was a plus. Next time we are in brandon will be returning.

• Stayed June 2012
Oviedo, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had to find a room hurriedly as we needed to attend an out-of-town funeral and thank goodness a room was available at this hotel. We found the room to be clean, furniture up to date, beds were more comfortable than most, and the price was very reasonable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and coffee was very good. The staff was always courteous and efficient when asked for anything. The only problem was that I couldn't close the window drape completely; however, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if a room is needed in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!