“clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Tampa
“clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Perfect location for our needs. The hotel was clean and well maintained. We would stay there again. The airconditioner was a bit loud. the food was good and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I learned something very important about Tampa/Brandon - there are lots of social rules. This hotel is no exception. My husband and I are not wild and crazy. Actually, we're quite quiet and like very little interference from hotel staff, etc. because we like to do our own thing and enjoy ourselves. There seem to be a lot of rules in the Tampa/Brandon area, for example: "sit wherever you like...but not there!"

What does this have to do with this particular hotel, you ask?
1. Daily notices that we had the do not disturb sign on our door so housekeeping didn't come in to clean our room. At the 3rd day, we were advised that housekeeping is required to clean our room. Reluctantly, we obeyed. We're not dirty people...we just like our privacy and to decrease the risk that housekeeping might take some of our possessions as their own souveniers. The rule is, I should not expect to have my privacy.
2. During the week, complimentary breakfast ends at 9:30...and they mean 9:30! If you show up at 9:00, you can also expect to get chided for not coming down sooner. The rule is, I should arrive early for breakfast and not try to get extra rest.
3. When you try to address the issue of breakfast ending at 9:30, you get directed to the sign that says breakfast ends at 9:30 with an irritated attitude by the front desk. The rule is, I shouldn't question their rules.
4. Complaining about the whirlpool in your room not working when you checkout is your fault for not reporting it sooner. My thought is, it should have worked properly in the first place. I'm responsible for so much at my job that when I take a vacation, I don't want to have to tend to fixing yet another problem. The rule though is that I should have taken care of it when it stopped working.

To summarize:
The room was ok. The non-working whirlpool was annoying. The shower was awesome. The bathroom was clean. The one time I allowed the housekeeper to clean our room, she sweetly put all of our toiletries that we brought on a towel on the counter (slightly creeping me out that she touched every single one of our possessions...but it was a sweet gesture). She didn't however give give us another hand soap (she threw our hand soap away) or lotion (lotion being the one item I forgot to bring). The bed was clean. The room was clean. Though it was a busy week for the hotel, it was rather quiet. The bed was comfy. The breakfast was...better than other hotels I've stayed in (including other Country Inn and Suites). So other than the inconvenience of the rules and the snarky attitude of the front desk and breakfast workers (not all of them but some)...it was an average place to stay. If you use the hotel as a base from which to explore Tampa and St. Pete...it's conveniently located next to the on-ramp for 75.

The complimentary cookies were a nice touch.

Would I stay there again...maybe. If I found some other place, I would probably be willing to try that over this hotel. That being said, I've certainly stayed in worse places - for example: Holiday Inn in Manchester, TN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean the people were friendly. Breakfast was a plus. Next time we are in brandon will be returning.

• Stayed June 2012
Oviedo, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had to find a room hurriedly as we needed to attend an out-of-town funeral and thank goodness a room was available at this hotel. We found the room to be clean, furniture up to date, beds were more comfortable than most, and the price was very reasonable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and coffee was very good. The staff was always courteous and efficient when asked for anything. The only problem was that I couldn't close the window drape completely; however, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if a room is needed in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is pretty good for the price.
The carpet in the room is dirty, our feet are black after walking around in the room...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable for one night only before a cruise. The front desk
personnel was very helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is excellent, in the middle
of every restaurant available. Also very convenient to the port. We would recommend this
hotel.

Room Tip: Very good location to port and Ybor City and Riverwalk
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Haliburton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had previous good experiences with Country Inns at Powell, TN and Gainesville, FL so when I needed a hotel in the Brandon/Tampa, FL area I decided to stay with the same chain. In short, it was also a positive experience. The front desk was efficient and reasonably courteous. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable and free of nasty stains and bed bugs. There was no external noise to disrupt sleep. The TV worked fine. The bathroom was clean and everything worked the way it should. I had to leave early the next morning, before the breakfast was served, and the attendant arranged for a "doggy bag" of muffins, fruit, coffee for me to take as I checked out. The price was considerably higher than other Country Inns I had stayed at but it seemed reasonable and was likely in line with other hotels in that area. There are lots of restaurants near-by for evening meals. The hotel is a bit awkward to get to if coming from the south I75 but nothing that is a deterrent. I recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!