“A Real Gem in Tampa!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami Beach, Florida
“A Real Gem in Tampa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I visited Tampa for 4th of July and stayed at Le Meridien hotel only 3 weeks after it had opened. My husband in 2 small girls all shared a room. I was hesitant at first but the rooms were very spacious and laid out very smart. The beds very extremely comfortable, probably one of the best we've stayed on. The staff was attentive and very warm with my two children. The pool was a nice size and the kids loved it. The renovation was done beautifully and made the experience really unique. We ate at the restaurant and enjoyed the food. There we not kids options yet but the server was attentive enough to keep them occupied with extra bread. But, my favorite part of the experience was the complimentary illy latte every morning and of course bought the yummy french pastries to go along.
The only improvement I would suggest are more hooks in the bathroom to allow the towels to dry. We wanted to participate in the Green Program but couldn't keep our towels dry to use the next day.
And, the in-room iron was not great quality. Other then that, no complaints.
My family travels quite bit all over the country and we really enjoyed our stay. It was a very unique experience, and definitely a great addition to Tampa.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Could not agree more! Pleased that you were able to experience our amazing property with your family. Will pass on the incredible comments regarding our associates as they truly build loyalty. Regarding hooks, behind each bathroom door, you will find one along with a towel bar.

Look forward to your next visit and travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had high hopes for this place because of its interesting architecture (repurposed courthouse) and French-centric theme. However, I don't think they want locals to meet and spend money here. The ground floor lobby is cold and dark, the cafe area has awkward seating for a total of 10 people, coffee and a pastry totals $10, but what is truly unforgiving is in the common areas you have to PAY FOR WIFI. I was planning on having a small meeting here but immediately moved it. And it took asking 3 staffers before my question was answered. Au revoir, Le Meridien.

• Stayed July 2014
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We certainly take great pride with catering to the local community and have shared your comments with the team. Our Wi-Fi is complimentary in the lobby for hotel and Bizou patrons and eager to share. If you are connecting to our meeting room hot spot, you may have encountered a fee question.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the property and feel free to contact me personally when you return.

Take care
sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

pros - well documented by other reviews, all true
cons -$10 to use the internet. government involvement scares me - im just too much of a libertarian I guess.
overall I enjoyed it but I had a connection to the history of this building others may not have and hard to know if they will go for it or not.

Room Tip: no one room better than the others
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and happy to share really great feedback thus far. Many of our guests have shared a great connection and looking forward to several more.

Travel safe and look forward to seeing you soon.
New Mexico
1,648 helpful votes 1,648 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place was an Old Courthouse that was turned into a Very Nice Historic Renovation Hotel !
The bell staff greeted me upon arrival they were Outstanding, the front desk staff were also Outstanding and very friendly !
the rooms & the views are very nice !
if your in the Tampa area you should stay at Le Meridien & enjoy this Outstanding Unique Property !

Amber DeLuca

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Our renovation was amazing. Iconic transformation coupled with high levels of service certainly has made a mark within Tampa.

Thank you for the review and travel safe!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

A friend recommended the restaurant at Le Meridien for business lunches. I immediately reviewed the place and it looked great. I called and made a lunch reservation for 12:30 to bring a client. Upon arrival they did not have a table for me and my client even though I took the time to call and reserve. It took them almost 30 minutes to get us a table (even though I politely asked the manager for help...she was quite rude actually) and needless to say I was embarrased for them and my client. Once we sat down the experience was much better. The food was quite good and the place is very nice. I'm always happy to see historic buildings turned into practical places. The ahi tuna salad was perfect! My client had one of the flatbreads and was satisfied.
I will give them another chance but they must work on honoring their reservations, especially during rush lunch hour.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and will be shared with team members. We value your loyalty and can empathize with how you may have felt. Bizou has experienced a high level of demand since opening and many patrons are visiting. Good issue to have and we are fine tuning daily to include the reservation process.

Look forward to your next visit and feel free to reach out personally for your next reservation.

Take care
Tampa, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Living in downtown Tampa, actually in the same zip code-you would think that this would not be much of a treat. Well, boy were we surprised! It was our 2 year wedding anniversary and we were limited with where we could go so my hubby surprised me with a staycation of sorts to Le Meridian. It had just opened and we were very curious.
First of all the rate was amazing. I believe it was $139 including tax! The concrete presence from the street is oldworld, European and very inviting. It has these grand steps, and takes up a whole city block.
We were greeted eagerly by the doorman and immediately were checked in by the courteous staff. I will say that the $20 valet parking is atrocious and if you could troubleshoot this in any way I would. We did. We mentioned to the gentleman checking us in it was our anniversary and when we checked out the next day he remembered.
Our room was on the 4th floor and the only negative thing I can say is the elevator smelled like sour milk and was nauseating. The room was gorgeous. Slate grey walls freshly painted. I am certain we were the first ones in this room. Black out shades with noise deafening windows. Spacious with a plush bed, ample pillows, a kcup lilly coffee maker and a big screen tv. The bathroom was beautiful clean and the shower pressure was sublime. The linens were heavenly. Now, the restaurant. The Brassiary. Unbelievable. It was hopping. Very popular. 1960s touches everywhere. The furniture very kitchy. The theme of the restaurant is Parisian. The service was amazing. They gave us a table without a reservation, served us complementary champagne for our anniversary and the sophisticated drinks we had-the sidecar and manhatten was delicious. Our meal was perfect. I have traveled all over Europe and I would rate this close to anything as good in Europe. I had the tomato tart with a flaky pie crust that was sensational. Maybe one of the best things I have EVER had!!! Possibly because they have their own pastry chef there! My husband had enormous shrimp and a simply perfect salmon. The French fries were dreamy. We ended the meal with a chocolate torte with blackberries that was intoxicating and a salted carmel éclair that was addictive.
The gym-was perfection. My husband and I did our workouts side by side w state of the art treadmills. There was a small tv on the treadmill and even cable. Sadly, the pool was not listed on the website so we did not bring bathing suits. But it looked very inviting, clean and a massive amount of towels were available for anyone.
The next morning we arose after a magnificent sleep in the cold room that was silent and dark. All vital ingredients for a good rest. We had breakfast at the brasserie. I was not especially crazy about the gruyere chees omlette, but the prices were very reasonable, the service was impeccable and the coffee was flowing.
We want to make this an annual event each anniversary. Come before this place become too popular!

Room Tip: Become a starwood member and get free wifi.Otherwise pay $17 a night. Also, with your hotel you get...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a detailed positive review. We love the fact that you are local and were able to stay with us and experience our iconic property and our service driven team. Please take note that the internet is two tiered and can be obtained for $9.95/night and complimentary to SPG Platinum members.

Looking forward to hosting your next staycation!
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

As a Tampa resident; I was looking forwarding to a sophisticated addition to the local hotel / bar scene. Unfortunately; The Le Meridian Tampa is unlike any other Le Meridian experience. I have been to the bar once a week for the past three weeks and the experience has been very consistent (so they get credit for that). The property is elegant but the atmosphere does not match. You can expect bright lights, atrocious acoustics and collegiate bar service. I honestly hope it dramatically improves because there is so much potential.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and being such a loyal customer to Bizou. Great news to share as we have adjusted the lighting aspect and are working on the acoustics with a panel option. We have experienced incredible business thus far and always tweaking to improve the experience. I have shared the comments with our F&B team as well.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Been to Le Meridien Tampa? Share your experiences!