“A little out of the way when visiting parks but worth it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #9 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Conroe, Tx
“A little out of the way when visiting parks but worth it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family was visiting Tampa to see Busch Gardens. It was about 10-15 minutes to get to Busch Gardens from the hotel but it was worth it. The hotel is clean, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I'm going to categorize my review for easier viewing:

Our room: I had expected to be able to cook our dinners while we were here to save money, but once in our room I discovered there weren't any pots and pans. There were dishes but nothing to cook with so I didn't cook. There is a regular size frig, microwave, sink, and stove top. Not a lot of room in the kitchen though. Living room was spacious and so was the bedroom area that was separate.

Free Breakfast & Welcome Home Reception: I'll start with the "Welcome Home Reception". I didn't really know what this was until our first night but Mon-Fri from 5-7 pm the hotel has a free dinner and adult beverages (all you can drink during this time beer & wine). They have a monthly menu of what they will serve each of those nights. Our first night they had fajitas, Spanish rice, refried beans, salad, tea, coffee, and it was really good! So this more than made up for not having pots and pans in the room to be able to cook, and it still saved me money!! The breakfast was very nice as well. One morning they had scrabbled eggs, sausage, toast, oatmeal (nuts, granola, etc to put in it), cereal, yogurt, waffles, oj, apple juice, coffee, and hot cocoa.

Laundry facilities: They do have laundry facilities to be able to do your own laundry. Although there are only two washers and two dryers. And the price wasn't bad at $1 each load.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
LindaLouConroe_Tx,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay with us! We thank you for the information about the missing pots and pans in the rooms. I am very pleased that despite the lack of pots and pans that our Evening Reception and Breakfast were sufficient for you! We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Tampa/Brandon area. We would love to have you again!

Thank you!

Jason Bargar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I chose Homewood Suites based on my experiences at the facility in Tulsa, OK; what a difference a change in location would turn out to be! I arrived on a Saturday night, the reservation was ready and there were no issues with check-in. The room however was more tired than I was after my trip! In addition, noise from the parking lot was a problem.
I left Sunday morning to visit relatives and when I arrive Sunday night the parking lot was scary, there was a group of guys hanging out at there car drinking beer. When I got up to my room it had not be serviced by housekeeping.
I was disappointed with the stay and would not stay at this property again. I will, however, stay at other Homewood Suites, just not this one

Room Tip: If you stay at this property, stay on the upper floors on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Ukantoo,

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay with us. We take great pride in trying to make sure every guest leaves here satisfied and I apologize that we came up short of our goal during your stay. We will use your comments and feedback to better the experience of our guests going forward. We hope, should your travels bring you back to the area, that you will afford us the opportunity of a second chance to give you not only the experience but expectation you deserve. We thank you for choosing Hilton and our hotel for your lodging needs.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great location, close to everything. We always stay at Hilton properties, they never dissapoint. Suites are perfect for families. The breakfast was really good. Staff was friendly and helpful. The kids had a lot of fun in the pool.

• Stayed June 2014
ChavyBall,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. It is always a pleasure hearing about our guest's stay with us. We hope you are able to return soon and we get the chance to serve you again!

Thanks again,

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Homewood Suites in Tampa for a few days prior to our cruise departure and couldn't have been more pleased. The 2 bedroom suites fit our family's needs and the staff was outstanding. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the breakfast staff was very helpful.

Kevin M,

Thank you so much for the great review of your stay with us, it is greatly appreciated. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. After staying the first two (not so pleasant) nights of our memorial day weekend with my mother, father and 14 year old son at a different hotel down the road, we decided to spend another night in Tampa and were very happy to have stayed here.

The room was excellent, everything was very clean and accommodating. The bed was so comfortable, my parents loved it, even the sleeper sofa was nice. There's a small kitchen with microwave, stove, sink and refrigerator. They even have a little package of popcorn in the kitchen for you. The Neutrogena products in the bathroom are awesome. Their shower is amazing, I didn't want to get out ...

The pool was also perfect. Mildred at the front desk was incredibly helpful and friendly, made us feel welcome. Excellent location near restaurants and shopping, not far from The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.

The complimentary breakfast was really good. We loved everything about our stay, we were very pleased and will be coming back soon. My parents and son had a great time, highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
sweetstone,

Thank for such a kind review of your stay with us. We are glad you chose to stay an extra day and allow us the chance to be your hotel choice for the last night! We hope you can come back and you choose us right from the start! We loved having you hear and hope to have you again soon!

Thank you again!

PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were in town for my Dad's 87th birthday. Poolo was very helpful from the first minute we arrived. He also made sure the grill set up for a pool side picnic. Earnest on the food staff was also great help making our stay a great one. We stayed at this hotel two years ago and we were treated so well we came back this year. We are planning to do it again next June.

David M,

Thank you for your review of your stay! We are pleased that we were able to help make your dad's birthday a memorable one! I have recognized Paolo and Ernest for the service they provided you and your family! We hope you are able to come back to town in the near future and we hope we get the opportunity to be your hotel fo choise again!

Clinton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel was delightful...great atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend. The breakfast and evening meal and cocktail hour were excellent. Felt very much welcome and appreciated the friendliness of staff and other guests.

Sherry C,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our Welcome Home Reception and Breakfast! We hope you have the opportunity to come back and we hope to be able to serve you when you do!

Jason Bargar

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!