“Service not to the Hilton standard” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise and Park
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Clemmons, NC
“Service not to the Hilton standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was an overnight stay only before a cruise and for that the room more than served its purpose. The property itself was very nice. We had a huge room and it was clean. The breakfast was really good and better than the Hampton breakfast we had the day before. My biggest complaint was the front desk service and to some extent I understand the situation but still. A very large group was waiting to check in when we arrived and it appeared they had multiple rooms being shared. I was almost immediately assisted but I was not welcomed, was not welcomed as a Hilton Honors guest, and even though it was after the 3pm check in time I was told they were't sure if my room was ready or not. I waited in the lobby for nearly 45 minutes for them to verify my room was ready. In the meantime the large group apparently figured out they could squeeze more people into one room and they called down to cancel another room. The poor 1 person at the desk had to contact someone else and appeared to be in an argument with them over fire code etc but seemed to be told to let them do it anyway. There apparently was also some issue with the water in another room as it seemed another room was being used just so folks could use the shower. Again, as a guest I shouldn't hear conversations like that. But this was all very vocal and loud while I'm sitting in the lobby waiting to get my room key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
thinson,

I cannot express how much I appreciate the feedback you provided from your stay with us! As a manager who cannot be here 100% of the time, it is rewarding when our guests give us feedback, both positive and negative. I completely agree with you that some conversations should be kept from the public ears and this will certainly be addressed.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal member of Hilton Honors and let you know that this too will be addressed with all staff members because of the importance of recognizing all guests, especially Hilton Honor Loyal members.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise after you left our property. Should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area, I hope you will consider staying with us again and provide us the opportunity to show you the improvements we will be making with our service standards!

Jason Bargar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Palm Coast, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My business partners and I stayed at this Hotel on a whim because we were unfamiliar with the Brandon area. We had no prior knowledge of what to expect so I decided to take a chance. What a pleasant surprise. Veronica immediately made our check-in experience pleasant. Later that evening we ate in the Dining area and the Staff was very pleasant and went out of their way to make sure we had plenty to eat. The food was good and plenty. The rooms were clean and did not have that musty hotel room smell. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Albert B,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. It is always a pleasure when our staff is able to wow a guest and get recognized for their efforts. I will be sure to pass this information on to the rest of the satff! We hope now that you are a little more familiar with Brandon that you may return to the area soon and give us the opportunity to serve you again!

Fort Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very pleasant experience would definitely stay again. Staff very friendly, great breakfast. Very clean, good location. Quiet comfortable rooms. Didn't use the pool but looked very nice and clean. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Debra G,

Thank you for your review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, you can return and relax a little bit around our pool! We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here with family of four on way to Sanibel Island from Tampa Airport. Fast check-in, front desk clerk was extremely helpful in finding a spot for dinner after a long flight from Massachusetts. Room was spacious (king bed w/ pull out sofa sleeper). All the lights works, the AC was pumping when we arrived, bathroom amenities - mix of Neutrogena and Bath and Body Works. Furntiure was in good shape, though the area was a little cramped around the kitchen and dining table (2 chairs). TVs worked great (though the menu for using the regular channels would take us through all the pay-for channels and premium movies first. Shower was great - very hot and strong pressure.

Breakfast was very typical, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, make it yourself waffles, cereals and fruit (apples, oranges, cut fruit) and beverages. Coffee was very good - strong. Room was very airy, high ceiling and plenty of outdoor light. Place was packed at 7 AM. Highlight was a young man - Ernest, who spoke to everyone and checked on their breakfasts. Kudos to him for his friendliness.

Kids even went to pool at 10, which was very clean, furniture was all in good shape, and some tubes were there for floating.

Will definitely stay there again when we fly into Tampa Airport.

Room Tip: Lots of chain restaurants down the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TravelerofNJ,

I would like to thank you so much for completing a review of your stay with us! We realize that there are many choices when coming to Tampa/Brandon, and we are so pleased we could impact your stay in such a positive manner. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel while visiting the Tampa/St. Pete area. It is located near lots of reasonably priced restaurants and shopping destinations. The hotel staff is extremely friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean with all the amenities of home. The breakfast choices are plentiful, whether you're in the mood for something hot or just cereal. The evening reception is equally as hearty. This Hotel is perfect for families because of the complimentary breakfast and evening reception Mon-Thur!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Arnold S,

We are so pleased that we have much such a positive impact during your two stays with us. We also appreciate you taking time to write a review based upon your experiences! We look forward to serving you again soon and want to thank you for choosing our hotel given the large number of choices in Tampa!

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I Have stayed at this Homewood suites for the last year and have not had a bad experience with this hotel as of yet all of their staff are extremely helpful and courteous all the time. It is a joy to spend my days at Homewood Suites while conducting business in Tampa-Brandon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Louis P,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stays with us! It is our pleasure to serve you and make you feel like you are at home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks again,

Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I agree with the other reviews that this is an amazing value, the staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is great, and the location near the freeway and mall is great. I really liked the design of the room. There was a kitchen and living room on one side, and the bed and bathroom were on the other side. In the middle was a desk which my husband was able to use to do some work before we went to a meeting the next day. This is a great use of the space, and it makes for a very comfortable stay. My only regret that was we were there on a Friday night, and they don't serve supper. The menu looked good, and I'm sure it was as good as the breakfast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Batmom7,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review of your stay with us! It was a pleasure hearing how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you are able to return and, if possible, on a night when we have our Welcome Home Reception!

We realize you have plenty of options when choosing hotels, and we want to thank you for choosing ours!

Thank you again!

Jason Bargar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!