“Great Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, United States
“Great Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family and I were guests of the Homewood Suites property for a weekend getaway trip! The hotel is off the main strip and was a great location. Every staff person I came in contact with was so helpful and friendly. I felt really welcomed and accommodated the whole weekend. It is a very nice hotel and I will definitely recommend it to my friends and family!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stopped here twice (on both occasions to attend the "Sun and Fun" air show) and it's more than acceptable for the very modest amount that they charge for the room. Check in was fine, we did get a call to check the room was to our liking.

Unfortunately one of the two elevators was out of order and it looked as if this had been the case for a few days at least an one elevator for a property with this number of floors isn't enough.

I like to run first thing in the morning and was down wanting to use one of the two treadmills at 6:00am but neither they or the two other cardio machines would power up; the duty receptionist didn't have a clue what to do and I ended up taking my run in the street which wasn't really that great as I didn't have clue where to go and there was no obvious suitable place to go. They still were not powered up when I came back an hour later and still later in the morning; sorry to sound petty but it was something I wanted and paid for so I was honestly disappointed.

The room was generally clean and I certainly didn't feel that it was it was in any way unhygienic I didn't feel it justified a complaint but the area between the nightstand and the wall could have done with vacuuming as I could see dust and debris on the carpet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Brandon, Tampa Homewood Suites is by far the best hotel in Tampa. I have traveled to Tampa on business on numerous occasions and will always stay at the HWS - Brandon. Even when my business location takes by the airport, I will happily drive the extra 20 -30 minutes to stay here. From the front desk folks, to the beautifully decorated hotel lobby when you walk in you feel welcome. The Director of Sales, Ms. Malu will always search me out just to say hello and make sure I am happy with my room and to welcome me back. The kitchen staff is wonderful. "Dora" is a delightful and cheerful person who will greet you by name and offer her services and go out of her way to make sure I am comfortable. "Leo" who man's the BBQ grill and takes care of the facility is very amiable and aims to please; from making sure your burger is cooked to your liking to moving a table outside so we can sit and enjoy the weather.
The HWS team is like visiting an old friend. They are the epitome of hospitality and professionalism. It is what keeps me coming back several times a year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boyne City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our check in experience was very pleasant. The room/suite was nice, although a little smaller than I had expected (and this was an end room and supposed to be larger than most). The climate controls appeared to be "locked" and we couldn't lower the temp. in our room. We slept in the room at 74F which is much too warm for us. However, the following morning, I did discover that by holding down the button for several seconds I could override this. The complimentary breakfast was substantial and quality was on par for this type of feature. My only criticism was the outdoor recreation area; a used, soaking wet diaper thrown out of the hot tub by someone, no lighting at all in the pool and very poor condition (bulging) basketballs available for use on the half basketball court. If we had paid full price (we got a substantially reduced rate through Hotwire) I would have been quite disappointed. As it was, our stay was good/very good for the price paid. With a few relatively small improvements, the hotel could be great.

Room Tip: Ask for help if needed to adjust the temperature in the rooms.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Super friendly staff . Clean, clean, clean- so well kept. Suites are very comfortable , good size , clean, - has 2 tvs Furniture is fresh & comfortable. Breakfast great,. Staff very helpful - Will definetly stay here again-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It is always a treat to stay at Homewood Suites. They certainly cater to the business traveler. The rooms are nicely decorated with most kitchen ammenities. Very comfortable and modern. Most evenings they have happy hour serving draft beer, wine and snacks. Breakfast is good, old fashion comfort food. I will stay at this hotel on future trips.

Room Tip: Away from the basketball court.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently stayed here with the family for Spring Break. We stayed for 4 nights and it was perfect. The location is located in a suburan area so it was close to many restuarants and retails stores, without being too close. The breakfast was really good and fresh with lots of variety. The evening dinner was really great. This helps the budget with 3 kids. Also, the pool and hot tube was clean; it does say heated pool although we could not tell. The basketball court was great. This gave some much needed energy relief along with the workout room.
The room was perfect. We stayed in 211 and it was at the end near the washer and dryer which was good for us. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious.
The staff is fantastic and was always very attentive and willingly to help. The young guy who worked the kitchen was fantastic and helpful.
It is about 15 minutes from Brush Gardens and 1 hour to Clearwater Beach.
Many people mention the Embassy next door being nicer. I would say its bigger and it's ok, but the value is at the Homewood Suites. The hotel was near capacity however it never felt like it. Kudos to the staff for making it feel like home. Especially, the manager on the night shift and the young lady also on the night shift. Great customer service.

Room Tip: Try to stay around from rooms near the basketball court for obvious reasons.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!