“Very satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Very satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were pleased with the furnishings of the king suite. It was spacious, clean, and we like the convenience of having 2 bathrooms, especially having the vanity area separate from the bathroom/shower area. We like the Brandon area -- restaurants, shopping are close by. We had a family function to attend and needed the extra bedroom & bath. We will return to stay. I recommend this hotel --- we can depend on the Homewood Suites branch to deliver a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: The king suite is spacious. The room was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay. Our two-bedroom suites can sleep up to eight people comfortably. We hope to see you the next time you are in town!

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
WEST PALM BEACH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The restaurant staff was excellent. The breakfast and dinner choices were more than adequate. If you are not a disabled traveler and don't have any special needs this hotel is awesome. The beds were comfortable and the kitchenettes in the room well stocked with utensils and dishes. The internet does fade in and out if you are on Wi-Fi. The cable TV went out for about an hour one evening. Please see my tips below if you have ADA accommodation needs.

Room Tip: If you need ADA accommodations make sure you are very clear in your request. They do not know the di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our one bedroom suite at this location was probably twice the size ( no exaggeration) of our Homewood Suites bedroom in a previous location. We had a VERY spacious corner suite. Guadalupe served breakfast and supper. She was friendly and stayed on top if things as did management. Our chili supper was delicious. The seating area for meals was roomy. Every part of the hotel was clean. The mattresses were adequate. Everything in the room functioned properly. The location was OK. The hotel must be very well soundproofed, at least from outside noises, because we were next to a busy road and barely heard anything.

The only con was the lack of items in the kitchen. There were no regular sized spoons. There also was no utensil for serving pasta, no regular dish soap and no stopper for the kitchen sink. A colander would be nice, too. This is the only reason I did not give the property a five.

I would definitely stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognize our associates who go above and beyond. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

When traveling and with my husband and children, we usually try and find a Homewood Suites to stay in no matter what part of the country we travel to. This was by far one of the best if not the best one we have stayed at. The service was outstanding, everyone was so friendly. We received an early check-in around 11am. The dinner was impressive and great breakfast. It was an overall awesome experience...if I knew it was so nice I would have probably stayed a day longer before traveling to Miami. The kids enjoyed swimming and the basketball court, my husband was able to workout at the sister hotel next door, they served beer and wine during dinner and the hotel is very clean. You won't regret staying here...it's home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just what the family needed for a 4 day stay while visiting our family in Tampa and St. Pete during the holidays. We were assigned to room 712 when we arrived but the room smelled like cigarette smoke residue and the AC was not working. So a call to the front desk solved the problem very quickly. They moved us and the new room was perfect. Separate sleeping area from the living room and a full kitchen with full fridge, stove and pots, pans and the works ! Can not get wrong with the combo. Excellent WI-FI coverage (critical for a teenager!) Two flat screen TV’s. Whisper sound AC (kind of central type) let us sleep all night without waking up … critical for us. Hot and cold breakfast was very good … plenty of food and well prepared. My only complaint is that to get to the hotel from I-75 you have to drive via a variety of adult oriented establishments along the highway with plenty of advertising along the route. I counted seven in a 5 mile section. But I guess this is Tampa …. But I will recommend this hotel for an extended stay .. by the way, there is a Embassy Suites right next door just in case you want a little more upscale experience.

Room Tip: When you reserve ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway. Even though our room was quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Location was close to where ever I needed to go or visit. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice and roomy as well, I loved the fact that we had a full size fridge along with a microwave and a dishwasher. Breakfast and dinner were a great plus; the staff was so friendly and nice. This is my new place to stay when I'm in Tampa,

Room Tip: I was very happy with the whole experience.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I always choose to stay at this Homewood Suites because it has everything I need. The staff is courteous and helpful. This is my go to hotel when I come to Tampa. Rooms are wonderful. Breakfast and dinners are great. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!