“As an extended stay business traveler I would very much recommend this hotel to other business “road warriors”.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #9 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have just completed my 3rd stay (53 nights) and have reservation for another 2 week stay. The front desk and housekeeping staff are very pleasant and friendly. I take personal note in the people working at the front desk who always make an effort to offer a “hello” and a “have a good day” when I am arriving or leaving the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, roomy and relaxing which I personally find as a plus after a long (and sometimes tedious) day on the job. The room has a nice size kitchen with stove top, micro, dishwasher and full size fridge (a plus). There’s a couch and a desk. The hotel also offers complimentary internet access (another plus). The floor to ceiling shower is BIG. I really REALLY love the brand new LG flat screen televisions that the hotel just recently had put in all the rooms. HD and “wireless” internet are not too far behind from what I am told. Though I have not fully taken advantage of it, the hotel offers complimentary breakfast Monday thru Sunday (and holidays). There is also a Manager’s reception that offers a “lite” dinner and refreshments Monday thru Thursday. There’s a pool, a Jacuzzi and fitness room. I have made regular use of the fitness room which has two new treadmills (I jog) and an elliptical machine (have not tried that yet). The hotel is convenient to almost anything anyone might need and is easy to get too. I have found that the hotel is about a 20 to 25 minute drive (in regular traffic) to and from Tampa International Airport.

As an extended stay business traveler I would very much recommend this hotel to other business “road warriors” looking for a comfortable and pleasant “home away from home”.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
aGMwhocares, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us. It sounds like you are coming back for some more. I am glad you like our new 37 inch LCD TV's that we just installed. Wireless Internet is almost here. In the meantime, enjoy the complimentary wired access. We still have wireless in the Lodge and Lobby. Thank you so much for your business!

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is one of the newer Homewood suites and I have been staying there regularly since 2008 and I can not say enough great things about this property. They have a great free breakfast in the morning and at 5pm to 7pm each evening they have a managers reception and provide us with free food! They also have complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks at this reception which is every Mon thru Thurs. Eventhough it is located near all the major restaurants, there is no need to go out and spend money for supper. I have a lot of choices in Tampa as to where I can stay but trust me, you can not find a friendlier staff and a place that will feed you for free like this place will. It is a must stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
aGMwhocares, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are a must stay while in the Tampa/Brandon area. Come back and check out the new TV's that we just installed. We hope that the next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again!
Byron, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was more than I expected. me and my family were very comfortable with our stay here. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, I liked to set up of the rooms. This hotel was well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
aGMwhocares, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. The hotel does have a lot to offer our guests. Next time you are in Tampa, please come back and stay with us.
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel is either a bit older or is very well used. The comforters were very worn with pilling and fraying but the room was clean and smelled fresh. There were plenty of pillows and clean towels. The staff was friendly and helpful when we interacted. The pool area was clean but the hot tub water looked a bit dirty despite the strong smell of chlorination. Other than that, there was nothing unexpected. The fitness room has a couple of treadmills, an elliptical, and some weights. It's not very large but I noticed it getting a lot of use from hotel customers and the equipment appeared to be in good working order. The gates to the pool were padlocked at night so anyone used to coming into the hotel through that door had to walk around. It did eliminate the possibility of outsiders sneaking in which made the hotel seem pretty secure. All rooms are interior, which added to the secure feeling. There is only one entrance to the parking lot (between Homewood and Embassy Suites) so if you pass by, you have to turn around.

It's not the nicest Homewood I've ever stayed in but there are no surprises and you get everything you expect.

The McDonald's across the street has a 24 hour drive through for those getting in late and there is a huge mall in Brandon right down the street from the hotel along with numerous smaller shopping plazas on Adamo Drive (Hwy 60). There is also a Chuck E. Cheese for those with children who are tired of swimming (or those who are big kids inside). There is no shortage of things to do in Brandon and most are easily accessed from this Homewood.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
aGMwhocares, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you had a pleasant stay with us. You are right about that there are a lot of things to do around the hotel. Come back and check out the new TV's that we just installed. We hope that the next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us.
Arcadia, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011 via mobile

We've stayed here before & both times we were amazed at what a wonderful value this place offered.
Clean, quiet, comfortable & at a more than reasonable price.
A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review again. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us again. We love repeat customers! See you next time. Just so you know, the hotel just received brand new TV's that are 37" LCD HD.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed here the night before a cruise, and it was perfect! It's very close to the port, and right down the road from all the essential stores you need before going on a cruise, like Target. The room was very large, very affordable, and most importantly the bed was comfortable. Even better, breakfast was included the next morning. Breakfast was hot (e.g. biscuits, gravy, sausage, fruit, waffles, etc.). Most importantly, the service was very friendly and welcoming. A great stay for a great price!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
aGMwhocares, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. Next time you are in Tampa, please come back and stay with us.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Homewood Suites is our number one choice when traveling. My kids *love* the free breakfast buffet, and I love having a separate bedroom. :) The staff was lovely and helpful. My son and husband went to the pool, even though it was a bit cold (the air was cold--the pool was nice!). My one complaint is that the wifi was in the public areas only, not the rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. Please come back and see us again. I hope to have WIFI installed in the hotel soon.

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!