“Lightning Hockey Game” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amalie Arena

Amalie Arena
401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Tampa Bay Times Forum)
813 301 6600
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lightning Hockey Game”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went to the Lightning-Penguins game with a few buddies and had a very good time. It is really cool walking into a hockey arena wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The arena is gorgeous and the seats we had were very good, lower bowl at the blue line about 20 rows up. The crowd was very enthusiastic but it was very strange to hear people around explaining the rules, wish Tampa was more of a hockey town. The biggest knock I had was price, it was no cheaper than going to Toronto to watch the Leafs. We paid $150 a seat off ticketmaster and beer was $13 for a tall can. After hearing everyone tell me how much cheaper Tampa hockey is, this was a huge letdown. Overall though, the game was great and I had a blast.

Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great venue and parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We come from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and I must admit that the parking here was close by and even after the game, we did not have the 'congested' streets we have in Ottawa so that was great! Because this is Florida, they had bars on the outside of the Forum where you could order beer, wine and special drinks (I believe I had the Thundertini). Inside, the Forum as a lot of seating areas with leather couches which is nice. Inside the Forum, the seating was the same as in our own home arena but the atmosphere was much nicer! Everyone had their Bolts Jerseys on, fans were cheering big time. Excellent spot for the organ player where everyone could see and hear him as well as cheerleaders (which my husband enjoyed looking at!). Overall we really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who is in Tampa and enjoys watching hockey.

Visited October 2013
Sun City Center, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hockey in the warm weather?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Cooooool. I am from Boston. It was like a dream to visit this stadium with carpeting on the hallways and walking to the game in short sleeves from a nearby pub. Love it!!!! Boston Garden: no carpeting on the stairs or halls!! I felt like I was in another world. Food, facilities, seats. Had a great time.
Very impressed.

Visited February 2013
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Venue and Parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Saw several concerns and games in this venue. Great parking in the garage and well designed forum -both sound and seating-wise. Great location for a concert!

Visited February 2013
Miramichi, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love going to Times Forum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went to NHL game. Great seats. They have a Tim Hortons in the Forum which was a highlight for us Canadians!

Visited April 2013

Been to Amalie Arena? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Amalie Arena, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.