“Top Notch-Hockey Game Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Halifax, Canada
43 attraction reviews
“Top Notch-Hockey Game Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I took in a Lightning game vs the Islanders last week while visiting Tampa. First time I was in the arena. First of all, the stadium is large, holding over 20,000 people. We had great seats, paying only $50 each for lower bowl seats inside the visiting teams blueline. Secondly, they had tons of stuff going on for the fans- live pipe organ at one end of the arena, cheerleaders, gigantic overhead screen for replays and stats, lots of incredible lighting and "lightning" inside the building...they had the crowd electric in there. I walked up to the nose bleeds before the game and the seats were really quite good and were only $10 and up. The merchandise was reasonable for an NHL venue, and overall I was very impressed.

Ontario
8 attraction reviews
“Montreal Game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It was truly funny to go to Tampa Bay to watch Montreal Canadians play but we paid 150.00 for great tickets. All seats offer a great few of the ice but I don't like to be very high in an arena. The same tickets in Toronto would cost at least double that if you could find some. The higher up tickets go for 30 to 60 dollars depending on the visiting team

Memphis, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Family Fun at a NHL Lightning game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were vacationing a couple of hours from Tampa and decided to take our son to his first NHL game. Since he loves hockey and has only been to see the semi pro team near Memphis we got tickets center ice, about 20 rows up behind the teams' benches. The game was very entertaining, the crowd was great, fans were friendly with no rude, obscene language near us (was a little concerned since I think of hockey as an aggressive sport, thought fans might be the same way). The Tampa Lightning seems very intertwined w/the community, and the fans seem quite fond of their players. It was Tampa fights cancer night so they spotlighted several cancer survivors in a very touching way. Our favorite part of the game was the organ player playing live from high above- he rocks! The American flag was passed through the audience our heads during the National Anthem, that was a cool feature I have never seen done! We loved the game, the arena and will return!

Flagler Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Bon Jovi Concert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved the layout and the ease to get to it. We stayed at the Marriott next to it, so it was within walking distant. The Embassy is also very close by. I felt very safe walking at night.

Cape Coral, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“seating is not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was disappointed about the seating. For the price of the tickets to watch a concert, about all you can see is the back of the persons head in front of you. All they do is cover up the hockey rink, and set up folding chairs and charge over $100. I can't see the justification of that cost to only be able to view a large screen and not be able to see the stage. It was a great concert with lousy seating. The Times Forum is not the place to have a concert unless you are in the front row!!