“Great party place....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaspar's Grotto

Gaspar's Grotto
1805 E 7th Ave, Ybor City, Tampa, FL 33605 (Historic Ybor)
(813) 248-5900
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Description: We are best known for our signature Hog Wild Pirate Party and pig roast which we hold outside on the 6,300 square foot tropical patio, complete with fountains and tropical palms. Guests at Gaspar's Grotto can look forward to great food, wonderful times and excellent and eclectic service from costumed pirates. We offer pirate shows, pirate souvenirs, cigar rolling, live music, a shoe shine emporium, and bawdy serving.
Tampa, Florida
“Great party place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food is hit or miss. Most of the time it is really good, other times not so much. Patio is a great open space with live music and plenty of shade. It's on the main drag in Ybor City so there is always a lot going on. You can always see the game here on plenty of TVs if you're a sports fanatic. They have very good service considering it does get fairly crowded sometimes. I do have a problem with the mediocre mixed drinks in the plastic cup. Just go with the beer, although the selection is somewhat limited. Sunday brunch is definitely worth while... all in alI, a great place to enjoy a beer, munchies, live music, and do some people watching!.... always come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

WPB
“FSU Game Watching Party at Gaspar's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Tampa recently and went looking for a place to watch our Noles play their season opener. Luckily we found that the Tampa Seminoles Club were hosting a game watching party at Gaspar's. The atmosphere was fun and our waitress, Jada, was amazing! Gaspar's has some really good pub food and we discovered and thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate habernero (yes, I said Chocolate) wing sauce. If you are ever in Ybor City, I recommend you stop by for a beer and some wings!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“I'll go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, roasted pork, rum runner mahi mahi and our shrimp appetizer. Only complaint, appetizer was pricey for the small amount of shrimp. Server was very pleasant but twice forgot to bring stuff we asked for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Had better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited today for lunch for the 1st time and our last. The food was mediocre at best. The calimari had no taste except for the dipping sauce, which if you want more of, there is a $0.50 charge. The cuban was ok but cold in the center. Grilled mahi mahi sandwich was more like sushi. And the coleslaw was not sweet as stated on the menu. Our server was not very attentive either. I had to as for my coleslaw and she didnt say I'm sorry or anything. She asked how the food was and my husband said "so-so" she ignored him and walked away. I don't like to leave bad reviews but there are a lot more choices inYbor City and I for one will choose somewhere else next time.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place to eat & drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I come here almost every time i visit the Tampa Bay area. Best devil crabs around and the staff is always personable and friendly (Ragen and Micheala). Can wait for my next trip

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Gaspar's Grotto? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gaspar's Grotto, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.