“BEST bacon EVER!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining
Tampa, Florida
“BEST bacon EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My friend and I go to Bruncies ALL the time. The staff are very nice and the restaurant is very tidy. The food has always been great. (especially the bacon) something about their bacon....

South Florida, Florida
“Almost everything was wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Walked in to no-one at the host station. Young lady walks over to ask how many in our party (2). She picked up utensils and then asked for our name: turns out we were being put on a waitlist, which wasn't communicated nor was the wait time - she simply turned her back on us and called another group who were waiting in a waiting area we weren't directed to.

We sit in the wait area which has coffee facilities -- except these were empty and not being restocked... Why not?

On to the food. I ordered the chrizo and eggs ($8.79). This dish comes with tortillas, black beans and rice. I've uploaded a picture of the disappointingly small portion which stunned me when it came out. $9 for this?! As you can see, it's no more than a handful.

The keen observer will also note the absence of any red hue to the eggs from the chorizo. I suspect this is because the sausage is not chorizo. I ate pieces of just the sausage and it was so bland, you'd have a hard time convincing me it was a breakfast sausage, let alone chorizo!

Next, the temperature. Luke warm. This was not only my food but also my wife's. What's weird is that the order didn't take too long to come out, so they must be keeping things at this low temperature.

I finished off this small and tasteless plate as fast as I could so that it couldn't cool down any further. I had to grab hot sauce and ketchup from an empty table as the server never bothered to ask us if we needed any. Server returns once I'd polished off the meal with "That must have been good!". I didn't have the heart to tell him I felt robbed as he didn't cook it.

This is yet another example of dishes that are cheaper and much tastier to cook at home. Pretty pathetic on all fronts, so will not be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Brunchies always serves fresh, well prepared food. Staff go out of their way to attend to your requests. It is always a pleasure to go there.

“Wonderful breakfast variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We walked to this friendly neighborhood restaurant. We really enjoyed the wheat pancakes and crispy bacon. Everything was prepared perfectly. My husbands eggs were delicious as well.

• Visited December 2013

“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We love Brunchies. The service is great and the food is delicious. They get really busy though so go on a weekday for the best experience.

• Visited September 2013