I think this is a pretty good hotel. Next to the convention center - good hotel for business travelers. My window had a beautiful view of the river and the sunrises were amazing!! Good toiletries/products. The room was spacious, the bathroom recently redone, new fixtures, etc. The sitting area was not great - decent table and chairs with an uncomfortable sofa - but it was functional... The breakfast was standard - good MTO eggs.
The fitness center was a joke. There are 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and 1 cycle. You'd have better luck just going outside for a walk/run along the river, which is gorgeous! Also, the restaurant connected to the hotel had sub-par food - but its decent for a drink.
The lobby was full of tables and chairs which made having meetings during the convention very easy. The Marriott across the street is much more impressive decor wise - but not as functional to get a group of 4-6 people seated close enough to converse.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Embassy Suites Tampa
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected via skybridge to the Tampa Convention Center, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale all-suite hotel in downtown Tampa. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception included daily. Next door to the St. Pete Times Forum for Tampa sporting events, concerts and exhibits. The Tampa Cruise Port is also close by for all Tampa cruise departures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.