“Loving the Embassy from Memphis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   513 S. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL 33602 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $124/nt
Ranked #46 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, United States
“Loving the Embassy from Memphis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Embassy Suites was the ideal location for me. I was meeting my friend that works on the Carnival Cruise Ship and the location was perfect. I love the decor and the staff were so very professional. I have stayed at Embassy Suites accross the United States, but it has been quite some time. I have informed my family that we will start back staying at Embassy Suites. I truly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Lori S,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and to learn that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.
Jason Bowers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I work for this company and its always great to see how they do things. Great customer service as expected . Great place to get away !! You can see the carnival cruises ships loading and unloading def have to plan a cruise now!!! Great restaurants and convention center attached to hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Dcm00708,
I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown. Thank you for sharing your favorite aspects and for acknowledging our efforts to ensure no detail is missed in regards to making your stay comfortable.I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great location, very clean rooms and comfortable beds, but, internet access (wifi) is not free, expect to pay $10 for that along with a $24 fee to park (valet) overnight. What starts out as a $149 a night with the extra fees (described above) and taxes ends up costing you over $200 a night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear skimbrad,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. It is of course with great concern that I have learned that we did not meet your expectations on more than one occasion during your recent stay. At this time Embassy Suites as a brand does charge a fee for wifi at all of its locations. Your comments will be taken into consideration for future changes at our hotels.
Chester County, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference across the street. It is a 20 story hotel. The center area is open and from the lobby level you can see all the way up to the 20th floor. From each floor you leave your room into a hall that has a black metal railing and you can see down to the lower levels from the hallways. I have issues with heights so I found myself hugging the wall away from the railing each time I left my room. If you don't like heights, ask for a room on the lower levels.

I had trouble with housekeeping services. When I checked in, there were no glasses in the bathroom, and no shampoo. The next day I left a note asking them to leave some glasses in the bathroom. They took the note and did not leave any glasses. They did not leave shampoo again. The third day, the same - no shampoo. However, I was in the room when they cleaned it and I asked the housekeeper to please bring shampoo. She said she would in 5 minutes - but never came back with the shampoo. Annoying. I can understand not putting shampoo in a room once, but three days in a row?

My other complaint is that when I checked in, the man at the desk did not tell me about the free breakfast, happy hour, pool facilities - or anything else. He just gave me my room keys. A little info about the hotel would have been nice.

On a positive note, the hotel is in a great location, has a great 'happy hour' with free drinks from 5:30 - 7:30 and it is in a great location. Beds are comfortable and the room was quiet.

Room Tip: If you do not like heights, choose a floor on the lower levels. The center of the hotel is open and...
Dear Katalisu,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post your detailed feedback of your stay. It was very pleasing to read your appraisal of the hotel itself as well as the area and all of the amenities that you enjoyed but I was of course concerned to hear about the issues with housekeeping. I will be sure to share your concerns with our team. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed downtown before but prefer Embassy Suites over Marriott because of the breakfast, cocktail hour, and Starbucks in the Lobby. The locations is close to great bars and resteraunts. There is a Publix 1/4 mile from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Jeremy L,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay.

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I repeatedly visit Tampa and I stay at the Embassy Suites downtown. It is exactly what you'd expect from an Embassy Suites. The room is clean and the service is great. The only thing that I would like them to get better is the breakfast. The eggs looked and tasted like packaged foam. And the forced valet parking charge is exorbitant for guests. I feel that this charge should be reduced for hotel guests. $24.00 per night is crazy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Idfalco,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback as we welcome constructive comments as an opportunity to improve our facility and services. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel and trust you will find an improvement upon your next stay.
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Myself and three others stayed at this hotel over the weekend of July 11-13. We were attending the very large anime convention in the convention center nearby. We had requested early check in as the convention activities began several hours before normal check in, but this was not available for us. The hotel did assist by locking away our massive pile of luggage until the room was available, allowing us to go to the con. However it meant not being able to change before going. We were located on the 18th floor and with the hotel pretty much booked, this meant frequent waits for 15 minutes or more for space in an elevator. The room was clean and the view excellent. However there appeared to be an issue with Housekeeping and being able to provide towels. Once the towels were collected Saturday, there were none available to be left for us. It took a phone call to the front desk , after leaving a message on Housekeeping's extension earlier, to have some towels delivered. But only two bath towels were provided even though I specified that we had 4 people. In addition, the door separating the sleeping area from the rest of the room squeaked horribly each time we touched it.
I communicated all this as I checked us out and Latasha at the desk both apologized, promised me that this would be addressed and provided us a discount on our stay. She and the extremely positive and helpful bellman, Sammy were two very bright points in our stay.
For the price, given that I think the hotel was simply unprepared for the sheer number of people involved, the stay and the hotel was mostly positive. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bridge get a great view of the harbor fireworks. Soda machines and ice machines ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Melanie O
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was delighted to read your kind appraisal of both Latasha and Sammy. I will certainly share your feedback with my team as I am sure they will be equally pleased. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I can appreciate what a nuisance this was for you. We are committed to providing you a much improved experience on your next visit to Tampa.
Best Regards