“You Won't Be Disappointed!” 4 of 5 stars

Rates from $189/nt
Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“You Won't Be Disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

First impression, you are greeted with a welcoming smile by the valet ($24-25 parking for your stay). Front desk was very nice and we had no problems checking in. They even gave us complimentary wifi. Suite was very nice with a great view of the soccer stadium and other building within the downtown area. Swimming pool (lap pool) is outdoors and it is on the 3rd floor - where the fitness area is as well. They provide towels for both areas. The only downfall is the happy hour time where they served chips/tortilla chips and dip with your complimentary drink. Our dinner was at the hotel and it was not bad at all. They have a great variety which comes with a hefty price, but was delicious! Breakfast is hot with an omelet station and the works! It was very nice to start the day with. If we are to go back to Tampa, we will definitely stay there again! You will certainly not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Suites with view is great but not necessary.
Green Features: Always greeted with a smile! You have to pay for parking but it is worth it! Decor is nice. Overall- great feeling.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear 4Smiles,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for your recommendation on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your kind appraisal of our service team in this regard. I will certainly share your feedback with my team as I am sure they will be equally pleased. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Best Regards,
Jason Bowers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The entire 4th floor AC was broken and my room was miserably hot. I complained on the first night and a maintenance guy came up, but did not fix problem. The next day, the front desk sent maintenance up twice, but the temp. In the room didn't change. I insisted on a new room. After moving to the 17th floor, I was satisfied with that room. The staff was very nice, but I asked to speak to the GM on day two of a three day stay and even left my card, and he has not contacted me. I would recommend staying away from this hotel. The management cares more about responding to bad reviews on this site than repairing their hotel and making guests comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Shannon N
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned that we did not meet your expectations on more than one occasion during your recent stay.

I welcome you to contact us directly by calling the hotel at 813.789.8300 and asking for my office or the manager on duty so that we may fully investigate your experience. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I booked this hotel through pricelines name-your-own. This hotel was great! I thought we were going to have a king room, but we had a suite! It was such a great surprise. There were free drinks every night, and a great breakfast. We stayed here because we were taking a cruise out of Tampa. This hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, the aquarium and the cruise terminal. Would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DanielB19,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received and your spacious 2 room suite.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Belton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I loved this hotel!! I felt like I was in luxury. The full breakfast was excellent and this hotel reminded me of a hotel I stayed in when I was in the Bahamas. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel was also in walking distance to the famous "Jackson's Restaurant" on the water. The hotel also had a Trolley/Tram that ran right in front of the hotel that would take you to downtown areas. It was great! Very Clean Rooms. The only complaint I had was that the toilet kept water kept running for a long time after you flush. No leaks but noise was a little irritating. Other than that, this was an excellent stay! I would recommend anyone stay here. If I came back to Tampa I would definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear tipobserver
Thank you kindly for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our property and that your experience was close to perfect. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Ok........I was there when the hotel was full for a concert at the Forum which is next door as is the conference center. It is a great location if you are attending these venues. The hotel did battle to run smoothly due to the volume of people arriving for the concert and leaving the next door. Credit to the staff ( kitchen, valet, house keeping). More front desk staff are required for peak arrival times. There were a few hiccups for example no towels or coffee...but the lapse was dealt with quickly and smoothly. The lifts are not great at peak times so be prepared to wait. Now....the price....I appreciate the hotel is in a prime location, in a major city and perfectly placed. Room prices as with other hotels in the area are set to maximize the benefit of location. It is not really fair to compare the price to another Embassy Suite like the one on the I95 at Savannah but there you get a better facility for a third of the price. In Tampa you pay for the location which I would happily do again given the location, room size for a family of four and the excellent buffet breakfast included in the price.

Stayed June 2014
Dear ChasW
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown for your recent visit. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel as well as the location and I appreciate you taking the time to recommend your experience on TripAdvisor. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel looks very impressive, however after spending two nights sweating because the air conditioning didn't work; in not only my first room but the second room I changed too I can truly say I am not impressed.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Sal156666
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. I would like to assure you that we take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This review will cover the following items: Parking, Room, Location, General Hotel, Service.

Parking: The hotel only has valet parking. You cannot pull into the hotel drive, check-in, unload your car and then go park. The cost for valet parking is $24 per day and requires that you wait on your car to be brought to you each time you depart. We felt very rushed when we were coming back to the hotel and had a 10-15 minute wait on one occasion because they could not find my car. There is a parking garage across Florida Avenue and traffic was never an issue so, if you don't mind to park and bring your luggage across the street, you can do so without much trouble.

Room: We had Room 1721. This room is a 2 bed suite with sofa sleeper. It was tucked in the corner away from the other rooms so it was quiet. The room was spacious and adequate. My only issue with the room was that the sofa, chair and carpets need to be replaced.

Location: If you are going to be downtown or taking a cruise, this is an excellent location. You can walk to Harbor Island and the cruise port in less than 10 minutes. We did not drive that direction but it may be an easy walk to Ybor City, too. The Tampa Riverwalk is still being developed but it will be an easy walk as well. The only other hotel that we saw in the area was a Marriott.

General Hotel: The staff was nice during each interaction. The hotel was clean and attractive. The breakfast was very good and included omelets with various meats and vegetables. The afternoon reception was a good touch. Drinks are free. None of the snacks were not up to par with any other facet of the hotel, though.

Service: We were a bit surprised that the room could sleep 6 people but housekeeping only included towels for three people. We requested more after we discovered this but it was late and we cancelled the request after 10 minutes because it was late and we were tired after driving for 12+ hours. I thought that it would be corrected by housekeeping the next day when they attended the room but they only replaced the three towels and we had to request more that day.

All in all, it is a nice hotel and was an excellent price for the five family members who went to Tampa. My biggest frustration was the parking. I have learned and would drop my family and luggage off upon arrival and go park in the public garage across the street to save time and money. (I did not verify but someone said they thought the daily rate for the public garage is $14/day.)

We did not use the pool but did see it. It is an outdoor pool on the roof of the second or third floor. It was long (maybe 50 feet) but very narrow (around 8 feet.)...fine for kids to splash around in but that's about it.

Room Tip: The lobby is open from the main floor to the top floor. To stay away from any potential noise, ask...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tony S
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post your detailed feedback of your stay. I was happy to read your appraisal of the hotel itself as well as the area and all of the amenities that you and your family enjoyed. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jason Bowers

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!