“no hot water very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   513 S. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL 33602 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $124/nt
Ranked #51 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
District of Columbia, United States
“no hot water very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, the staff is awesome and friendly. However during my stay the rooms were switched after the 3rd night due to the fact the hotel was replacing the carpet on my floor. They were nice enough to put me on the 20th floor but the room had no hot water in the shower.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Miranda J,
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and your review on TripAdvisor. I was happy to hear that our staff was friendly and I have made note of the issue with the hot water so that our team can investigate this issue further.
Jason Bowers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Was in town one night for an interview and they put me at this hotel. As with most hotels there is good and bad.

The good: Front desk people were very nice. Location is great with lots of places close by for food and drink. Love the room design of Embassy Suites, especially when we are travling with kids. The free morning breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had. Lots of selection. Made to order omlettes. Yumm.

The bad: Carpet had several noticeable stains. The show surround is very cheap, the pre fab fiberglass which I know is easier to clean but it just looks cheap. The water pressure was good, but it kept vacilating between freezing and boiling. Finally ended up taking a cold shower. Not a good way to start the day. You have to pay to park, which is typical of downtown hotels, but I still don't like it. A room is no bargain when you have to add $20-25 a night on top of it. I didn't drive so it wasn't an issue this time.

All in all I would stay there again.

Room Tip: It was dark when I arrived and left so I have no idea.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear AI E E,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post your detailed feedback of your stay. It was very pleasing to read your appraisal of the staff, the hotel itself, as well as the area and all of the amenities that you and your family enjoyed. I have noted your comments regarding the water temperature and condition of the carpet and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I would like to assure you we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Roseland , NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We have been in Tampa to attend my husbands annual convention. We booked the Embassy Suites through the convention housing bureau, and then we had great misgivings about our choice, after reading comments on Trip Advisor. So many negative comments about the condition of the suites., and carpeting.
I am extremely fussy, so I expressed my concern during check-in. We were put into one of the newly renovated suites. It is just beautiful! New furniture and carpet. The hotel is in the process of getting all the rooms updated. So all the negative reviews will no longer be relevant.
Also read complaints about noise. This is one of the quietest riooms we have ever been in. Well air conditioned and maintained. Great view, city or water.
The buffet breakfast.--How could anyone not love it.? Outstanding quality, omelette station , best oatmeal ever. Plenty of choices. Beautiful lobby and breakfast area! Great location for attending Convention..Most convenient access we have ever had to any convention center.
Polite staff and if all this weren't enough the General Manager Jeff Weinthaler is the most friendly, charming and hands-on manager we have ever met. He greets everyone, and remembers your name. He is anxious for feedback, and takes such pride in this hotel..and his warm personality makes you feel completely at home.
After reading some of the negative reviews, I felt we had to express our appreciation, for a wonderful experience. We couldn't be more impressed! Jeff-- thanks for your warm hospitality!
Nina and Alan. Roseland, NJ

Room Tip: High floor for great views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear NinaAlan,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for your recommendation on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your kind appraisal of our service team in this regard and of our General Manager, Jeff Weinthaler. I will certainly share your feedback with our team as I am sure they will be equally pleased. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Kitimat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice rooms, good service. The complimentary breakfast was good (word of warning about the omelette bar, they are not fully cooked). The complimentary wine and cheese in the evening was a nice way of winding down for the day. The gym and pool aren't big, but are they serve the purpose quite well. Only complaint, wi-fi is not free, and is a little pricey.
But I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear KramJH,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Good: The breakfast is quite good and the evening reception (free drinks) is great! The location is a perfect jumping off point for the Convention Center, Channelside, Riverwalk, Ybor City (by trolley), Curtis Hixon Park, and anything else downtown. The Bad: $25/night parking (plus tip), $10 internet fee, the carpet in my room was in need of replacement. I didn't expect that in an Embassy Suites. I parked in a public garage right next to the hotel for only $9.50/night versus the $25/night for valet parking at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear ronaldn74,
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our property appearance is something we are actively examining and we will be sure to make any feasible updates and repairs. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have traveled there several times due to my daughter's drama class having their annual FL Thespian festival. This is the nicest hotel in the area and you step out the door and you're at the Convention Center. A 15-20 minute walk in either direction will take to you wonderful theater, dining, and shopping. Can't wait to come to this hotel for pleasure!! Plus the full breakfast is absolutely amazing!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sheryl P,
I am very pleased to read you and your family enjoyed your stay at Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown. Thank you for sharing your favorite aspects and for acknowledging our efforts to ensure no detail is missed in regards to making your stay comfortable.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family's return in the near future.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Kristen in group sales was fabulous to work with! She went above and beyond to accommodate our unique setup, even helping to close off the street to accommodate our semi and numerous crates. She and her team created a great space for us to host meetings during a recent convention making this one of our most successful events yet. We hosted breakfast, lunch, appetizers and a bar over three days making this space to place people sought out. It was such a treat to host this event in the same hotel where we were staying, and dinner recommendations outside of the hotel made by Kristen were perfect. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shannon M,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff including Kristen we so helpful in making your stay exceed your expecations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.