“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here one night but it was great! It was close to everything downtown and the trolley was right outside of the hotel if you needed it to go anywhere. The only negative thing I would say about the hotel is that they charge to park there. The breakfast was very good and so was the other amenities that I used. I would recommend this to my friends and I would most definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Cecil F,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Jason Bowers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
Woodbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here with family for UT visiting weekend. Hotel staff was friendly. The suite was roomy, clean, modern with a nice view. The breakfast was good, but you need your ticket to gain access. The trolley restaurant's bar and staff was wonderful. The only complaint is that is that because the hotel has an atrium setting it is always warm in the lobby and corridors. The room also as many said, could not be cooled to a comfortable level.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Edward L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed.

I can appreciate what a nuisance this was for you and please know that we are committed to providing you a much improved experience on your next visit to Tampa.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was great except for the $22 plus tax a night Mandatory Valet parking fee. Which is a huge downfall of such a nice place.

I stayed here this weekend and had a awesome time. The free morning breakfast and the 2 hour Managers Reception every night were great. Those 2 things made the parking fee every night a little easier to swallow. This hotel would be perfect and untouchable if it was not for that fee that they force their guest staying to pay every night. In my case I had to pay for my cars fee for 2 nights which totaled just at $47. Plus my brothers car for 1 night. Which he had to park his own car in the garage because he is handicap and drives a handicap truck that they cannot operate. Obviously not the hotels fault that they can't operate his handicap car but since he is not utilizing the "valet parking" service he should not have to pay this large fee for it. So in total i ended up pay a lil over $70 for parking in just 2 nights as a guest in the hotel. It is understandable that since they are next to the arena that parking is limited but at the least let your guest park 1 vehicle for free during their stay. That gesture alone I believe would change a lot of peoples outlook and personally would make me honestly say that this hotel is by far the best place to stay at.

Shawn

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sanderson1142,
I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn that the parking fee left you to feel disappointed.
I would therefore hope that the parking charge on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The room was very clean. I was on the 18th floor and had a nice view. I also used the stairs for exercise each morning. The hotel was extremely quiet and the service was great. The front desk was helpful in recommending dining options and the breakfast was filling each morning. The location is also great. There are many great finds nearby, with my favorites for dining being the Tampa Brewery and the Carne Chophouse, both in Ybor City just 2 miles away.

Dear Caribbeandd_42,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel was amazing!!!!!! The location is great especially if you are going to the hockey game, catching a cruise or visiting the Florida Aquarium. The streetcar car stop is also right outside the hotel. This location also has a Starbucks; which is always a PLUS!! The happy hour and breakfast was great!!

Green Features: The hotel truly believes in saving the planet; especially the water.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear adhunt-harris,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this location. I was surprised by the earlier negative comments, because I have always had good service and the hotel is clean. If you are not a Hilton Diamond or Gold, you have to pay for internet, which is common for a lot of the hotels. I find it amusing the more you pay for the hotel room, the less services you get free. Parking is average considering you are next to the stadium and the convention center. Some of the corner rooms give you a nice view of the bay. Close to the Trolly if you want to head down to Ybor City for some great restaurants. Also several good restaurant and bars within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The reception- draft beer and house wine free; the snacks I give a 1 star- stall pretzel and chips with canned salsa. The breakfast has made to cook eggs and fresh fruit, otherwise everything else is prepackaged and heated.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room on the convention side, good views from higher floors
Green Features: They change sheets every 3 days unless your request them more frequently
Dear LGoehle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received, our facilities.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

St. Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great location. Good hotel. The service is poor to average at best, but the hotel is clean and perfectly located. Near convention center and restaraunts. Better location to the convention center than the Marriott.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Scott J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the service provided by our team members.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.

Jason Bowers

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!