“One of the nicest Embassy Suites Hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   513 S. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL 33602 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $119
Ranked #48 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ashburn, Va
“One of the nicest Embassy Suites Hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Coming off of a horrible night stay at the Embassy Suites in Orlando, this was like being dropped into paradise! I stayed here for one night on business travel for a meeting at the Convention Center. The hotel has a connective breezeway to the Convention Center which made my morning "commute" super easy.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is only about 5 years old so all of the furnishings are quite new and very clean!

As always the complimentary breakfast and happy hour hit the mark. I would recommend this hotel for business or pre/post cruise stay. It is in downtown Tampa and the pool is small but it does offer bay views.
If I travel to Tampa for business again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Request a bay view room
1 Thank wifeylovestotravel
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Last minute travel for one night. Great room - sitting room with separate bedroom. Great condition, great amenities - including microwave, small fridge and coffe maker. Nice new flatscreens with HD channels.

Wonderful breakfast included - made to order omlets and a wide selection of other items, including lots of fresh fruit.

Definiately would stay here again!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is in a great location for the Tampa Bay Forum. Rooms are nice and spacious, although the inside of the hotel is open (so not for those who don’t like heights). The pool isn’t much (the pool AND deck are very small) but the breakfast was enjoyable. Wifi costs (annoying) but you can use the business center on the first floor. Also, the $22 per night for valet was a bit steep. Probably would not stay here again, but its fine as long as you are aware of all the “extra” fees.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lovetotravel352
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I would like to apologize if in anyway we fell short in this respect.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The location was great as was close to cruise port. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The lighting was bad in the living area as are most Embassy Suites. The breakfast was good and the managers reception was nice in that they offered it daily. The snacks at the managers reception were greatly lacking. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again,but think it is pricey.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was not impressed by this Embassy Suites. First of all, everything seems really "cramped" when you first walk in - the lobby, the Trolley restaurant, the fitness center, and the pool (although the rooms are very spacious). The main issue I had was that my air conditioner wouldn't go above 69 degrees. An engineer came to take a look at it and he changed a sensor in the unit, but it still didn't work after he left. I would turn the unit to 77 degrees before bed, and woke up to a cold 69 degrees.

I really appreciated the free breakfast, but it was always crowded and the food wasn't the best - lots of variety (pancakes, eggs, bacon, omelets, cereals, etc.) but not the best quality (eggs/pancakes were room temperature). There is a nice Starbucks in the lobby if you'd prefer that for breakfast, and a Publix a 1/2 mile away.

The rooms are very spacious with 2 large TVs, a sitting area, and small kitchen table, and I enjoyed having a mini-fridge and microwave in my room. However, little things like a napkin wadded up in the air vent and hair on the bedspread grossed me out. The shower temperature went back and forth between hot and cold and the water pressure wasn't very strong. There were a lot of events and conventions in Tampa during my stay, so perhaps the lack of service was due to the number of people.

Valet parking is $22/night, and Internet is $15/day/device, which make the stay a little pricey. Great location and most of the staff is nice, especially the valet staff. Internet was fast once you paid, and I slept really well. Overall, my stay was fairly comfortable minus a few annoyances, but I don't know if I'd stay again. My preferred choice is the Marriott Waterside right across the street.

Room Tip: A corner room had 2 windows, and the higher floors have great city/bay views.
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank acrossthepondtravel
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my first review.
i had the most pleasing surprise when checking in.

i was greeted by Sam, the Bell Man who gladly helped me with all my luggage we brought to the convention.

Then at the front desk by the manager who gave us a nice welcome.

You can feel how important customer service is at this hotel on every step you make.

The manager gave me a medallion and told me to award it to the employee who really make my stay enjoyable.

I knew right away it would be Sam who really goes out of his way to help in any way he can.

To our surprise when we came to our room tonight a big bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us to celebrate our anniversary compliments of the hotel!!!!.

This is our second night and so far we are very pleased!

Room Tip: High floor has nice view.
1 Thank Shimoncherie
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff have it together @ this hotel, courteous attentive & very professional, a pleasure to stay @ this hotel. The view & amenities are top notch. Very convenient to the Convention center. The breakfast was more than adequate.The staff make the vist very pleasurable including front desk ladies that were there on Sunday.STAFF DESERVE A RAISE

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.