“Nice,clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Nice,clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The location was great as was close to cruise port. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The lighting was bad in the living area as are most Embassy Suites. The breakfast was good and the managers reception was nice in that they offered it daily. The snacks at the managers reception were greatly lacking. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again,but think it is pricey.

• Stayed February 2013
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was not impressed by this Embassy Suites. First of all, everything seems really "cramped" when you first walk in - the lobby, the Trolley restaurant, the fitness center, and the pool (although the rooms are very spacious). The main issue I had was that my air conditioner wouldn't go above 69 degrees. An engineer came to take a look at it and he changed a sensor in the unit, but it still didn't work after he left. I would turn the unit to 77 degrees before bed, and woke up to a cold 69 degrees.

I really appreciated the free breakfast, but it was always crowded and the food wasn't the best - lots of variety (pancakes, eggs, bacon, omelets, cereals, etc.) but not the best quality (eggs/pancakes were room temperature). There is a nice Starbucks in the lobby if you'd prefer that for breakfast, and a Publix a 1/2 mile away.

The rooms are very spacious with 2 large TVs, a sitting area, and small kitchen table, and I enjoyed having a mini-fridge and microwave in my room. However, little things like a napkin wadded up in the air vent and hair on the bedspread grossed me out. The shower temperature went back and forth between hot and cold and the water pressure wasn't very strong. There were a lot of events and conventions in Tampa during my stay, so perhaps the lack of service was due to the number of people.

Valet parking is $22/night, and Internet is $15/day/device, which make the stay a little pricey. Great location and most of the staff is nice, especially the valet staff. Internet was fast once you paid, and I slept really well. Overall, my stay was fairly comfortable minus a few annoyances, but I don't know if I'd stay again. My preferred choice is the Marriott Waterside right across the street.

Room Tip: A corner room had 2 windows, and the higher floors have great city/bay views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my first review.
i had the most pleasing surprise when checking in.

i was greeted by Sam, the Bell Man who gladly helped me with all my luggage we brought to the convention.

Then at the front desk by the manager who gave us a nice welcome.

You can feel how important customer service is at this hotel on every step you make.

The manager gave me a medallion and told me to award it to the employee who really make my stay enjoyable.

I knew right away it would be Sam who really goes out of his way to help in any way he can.

To our surprise when we came to our room tonight a big bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us to celebrate our anniversary compliments of the hotel!!!!.

This is our second night and so far we are very pleased!

Room Tip: High floor has nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff have it together @ this hotel, courteous attentive & very professional, a pleasure to stay @ this hotel. The view & amenities are top notch. Very convenient to the Convention center. The breakfast was more than adequate.The staff make the vist very pleasurable including front desk ladies that were there on Sunday.STAFF DESERVE A RAISE

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spent two nights at the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center in Tampa. This was 2 days prior to a large convention in Tampa, so the hotel was crowded. The room was fine, comfortable, but some of the other advertised amenities was less than what I expected. The good, the cooked to order breakfast was excellent. There was an omelet station, and steam table with scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon and home fries. Pancakes and oatmeal were also offered with yogurt, fruit, juices, toast, bagels, No complaints there. The also advertise a "manager's reception" in the evening with appetizers. Chips, salsa and pretzels were the only offering. Drinks at the bar were reduced but I didn't partake. Another sore spot was the WiFi. $15 per day. To access WiFi, I went across the street to the Marriott which had free WiFi in their lobby. You'd think they have WiFi in the lobby. Another sore spot was the so called business center -- a caged room with a few computers and a printer but it's kind of hard to print boarding passes when the printer is out of order. So a mixed bag of experience -- a nice room but not so nice with amenities, except for the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your business travels to the area. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet selections and have shared your compliments with our culinary team. I regret to hear that you were disappointed by some of the amenity charges. We're always looking for ways to keep costs low without sacrificing quality amenities and services. Your feedback lets me know that we need to reevaluate our current offerings and make some changes. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you'll come back to see our improvements.
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Enjoyed our stay before our cruise. Hotel was beautiful. Rooms spaceous. Free breakfast was wonderful. Will stay here again if in the area. We walked to the cruise port cause it was that close. The riverwalk is nice. Street car/Trolley right outside of hotel to take you to Ybor City and many other places.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel would be great, we were with two other couples, and their rooms were in diffe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future.
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just spent 4 days at this hotel.for a convention. It is very convenient and close to the convention center. When I arrived, the front desk clerks were snippy and rude. When we got to our room, we had to call housekeeping for facial tissue and toiletry items. The next day, we had to call for clean towels. The same snippy clerks were on the front desk and just as snippy. Finally, on the 3rd day they had very nice helpful front desk clerks. They were very nice and finally we felt like we were in an Embassy Suites. The rooms are smaller than other Embassy Suites I have stayed in. The breakfast is great, but Trolley's is nothing to get excited about. This is the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so all the windows were on outside walls instead of the inner corridor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the poor level of service you received. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review has provided valuable insight. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider giving us another chance

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!