“Comfortable stay, close to public transportation and Port of Tampa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center

Limited Time Rates - $99
Ranked #57 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, NY
“Comfortable stay, close to public transportation and Port of Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff. Walked along River Walk at night. Close proximity to several restaurants. Stayed here the night before our Royal Caribbean cruise. Managers Reception at 5:30- 7:30 snacks, drinks okay, nothing special- chips, salsa, pretzels. Internet is $15.00 for the night (i consider this a minus) A huge plus and savings was the proximity to low cost/public transportation. Arrived at airport, checked for possibility of hotel shuttle but was told there was not one. Made our way to taxi/transport area, hoping to possibly share a cab. While waiting we noticed the HART bus to the left. Walked over and asked driver if he went near Convention Center. Why, yes! Within a few blocks. How much? $2 a person. Fabulous!. And it was an easy walk with wheelie luggage. At noon, trolley starts right outside the front entrance. Hopped on with our luggage for $2.50 person, directly to RC port. Return trip to airport was a bit of a longer walk to Marion/N. Whiting Stop for Bus #30. Bus drivers very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Polish first
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very happy with room. Spacious...clean, comfortable & quiet. Free buffet breakfast next day included.Short...short walk from St Pete Times Forum....maybe two blocks. Saved hassle of driving and parking at concert. Bar at hotel was convienent too for a pre-concert cocktail. Also open when we returned from show, but no food available.Starbucks and stocked gift shop on premises.The only thing I didn't like was waiting 15 minutes to receive my car from required valet parking the next day at 8am. Line was quite long with business people late for appts. and people going to airport. Not good...plus you are charged $20 to park. Just keep this in mind. But, I enjoyed my stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Checked in the night before election night. The hotel quoted a room rate both online and in person and failed to inform me at check in that there was a rate change in the middle of my stay. I'm DoD and even showed my military Id when checked in after contesting the issue I was told tough and now can not get reimbursed for the travel expense. I've been a Hilton member at diamond status for over 12 years and never had this treatment. As a recently returned veteran and Hilton member I expect more from this hotel and Hilton Corp. I even produced the online rate confirmation and the rate document i signed at check in and still they will not credit the amount. Do not use this place.

Room Tip: Don't select this hotel. Service is terrible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night before our cruise from Tampa. I had stayed here previously back in 2008 and in the 4 years I feel it has slipped some.

Check-in was a breeze and we were given a room on the 14th floor. While the room was clean you could see that the furniture was worn. The edges of the chair were so dirty/worn that the red chair was starting to look black. Additionally, the lights in the living room portion would flicker on and off as a connection seemed to be off. The lights witch also did not seem to turn them on. Beyond that the room was very clean.

The bed was comfortable but it had one of those foam toppers on it. This was fine in itself but the sheets were not adjusted so they barely stretched from side to side. Since I toss and turn during the night the sheets came off the side and I ended up sleeping directly on the mattress.

The manager reception and free breakfast were both crowded but very nice. My memory may be off but I feel the breakfast improved especially in regards to line time.

My biggest gripe is when we returned from dinner our keys did not work. The slot would register sometimes and other times not. We informed the front desk who told us to wait 10 minutes for maintenance by our room. Well 10 minutes turned into 40 of us waiting for maintenance. When he finally came they told him we were just locked rather than a battery issue (which I clearly explained to the front desk) so as a result he had to go back down to get a battery as we continued sitting on the floor.

All in all the hotel is fine for the night. It is close to the port, has the trolley out front to get to Ybor, has a nice breakfast and is relatively clean. I'd stay here again for a cruise but probably not something else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown! We appreciate the candid feedback and I will share your comments with our leadership team.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This year is the 2nd year we had my company Christmas party at this hotel and it was awesome!!! If you are looking for a place to throw a party, THIS PLACE IS IT!!!! I worked with Lee Rodriguez and she is the true definition of STELLAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The hotel has gorgeous views of downtown Tampa, the rooms are very nice the free breakfast is great! I would absolutely recommend this place to all my friends, family and you!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Lee Rodriguez was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with her. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your group and value your business!
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. Had to book unexpectedly but was treated like family. didnt try the restaurant but loved my stay. The property is very clean which is most important to me If it wasnt I would Have walked out on the spot

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place if you don't care to sleep at all. Clean and the staff seems very pleasant, however the noise level is beyond ridiculous. I am here now and wish I could post the audio of what I am listening to. Even in a suite with the interior door closed can hear this. Save yourself the money and stay anywhere else. I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I’m sorry your comfort has been disrupted by neighboring noises. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future.

Warm regards,

Jason Bowers
Front Office Manager
jason.bowers@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!