Stayed here at the beginning of November for a weekend break before heading to a photo seminar at the convention centre.
We live in Orlando so its a short easy drive and we arrived much earlier than we thought we might as we were anticipating having to work in the morning, called the front desk on our way to the hotel and we were told we could check in early no problem.
Our Hilton Honors requests were met and we were on the top floor of the hotel away from the elevator. Rooms are nicely appointed and modern, obviously they keep up on maintenance as there was a guy caulking in the room when we arrived! No biggie he was very polite and was finished anyway - remember we were super early.
Managers reception is a nice touch and busy on a Saturday night it was popular! On the second night it was much quieter and held in Trolleys bar. We ate dinner in there, which was delicious, reasonably priced and service was OK. Breakfast was busy both mornings but excellent and the omelet guys and girls worked super fast to get everyone served. Choice of other items was great too, the usual toast, fruit, cereal as well as complementary hot items like potatoes and sausage.
Great location to ride the trolley, we bought a 3 day pass for $11.00 each and rode around a lot! Took a trip to Ybor and toured the warship at Channelside and watched the cruise ships.
Monday was my seminar and a really easy walk across the bridge from the hotel had me there in about 3 mins!
Would highly recommend for a short break, ideally situated for a pre cruise stay and excellent value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Embassy Suites Tampa
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected via skybridge to the Tampa Convention Center, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale all-suite hotel in downtown Tampa. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception included daily. Next door to the St. Pete Times Forum for Tampa sporting events, concerts and exhibits. The Tampa Cruise Port is also close by for all Tampa cruise departures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.