“Good Pre-Cruise Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Pre-Cruise Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night before our Western Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Dawn. Before arriving in Tampa I called the hotel to inquire about airport transportation. Embass Suites is contracted with The Blue One transportation Service. We were picked up at the airport within 5 minutes of picking up our luggage. The driver told us about an all-inclusive transportation package which would take us from the airport to the hotel, then to the cruise terminal the next morning and then from the cruise terminal to the airport when we returned from our cruise. It was flawless and for a total cost of $46.00 for two it couldn't be beat. Our room was a standard 2 room suite. I am a HHonors Diamond member but we arrived too early (10:30 am) to get an upgrade. The room was comfortable. We needed some pre-cruise supplies and Publix & CVS are a short 10 minute walk. The manager's reception is always a nice touch. Breakfast was fine although the pancakes were actually cold. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and actually wish we had more time to enjoy what Tampa has to affoer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown before departing on your cruise. I will share your kind words with our team members. Hope to see you return in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel should be number one in Tampa, the service and amenities are ridiculous. First you get breakfast included. Great breakfast included, they even make omeletes made to order, i prefer to stay healthy so i like egg whites omelete, I asked the blonde girl that was doing and she said "it would be a pleasure" she was interacting while she still had a big line. Jessica at check in was very friendly, and since I was celebrating a friend's birthday, I got upgrade to the top floor, it's nice to see that people still care to make special dates a little more special. The rooms are big and has everything you need. You can see that it comes down from leader shift, the front office manager Jason was very helpfull, from the very first begining. He helped us to get last minute rooms, and we never felt like an inconvinience. We look forward to come back to this hotel and send everyone here.

Oh, of course, free drinks from 5:30 to 7:30. NO JOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Jessica was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with her. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to Tampa.
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Just arrived so will write more later. Here for Thanksgiving with my family. First, parking is a mess here. Second, Although I am a Gold member I was told there was no upgrade as the hotel was sold out. I find the statement is not the case. I even offered to pay for an upgrade. I plan to switch my Loyalty to Marriot. Enough of Hilton,

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing to spend your Thanksgiving with us. We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and value your feedback. We regret that we could not offer a room upgrade due to full occupancy but we would be happy to discuss your stay further. Please contact us at jason.bowers@hilton.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Perry, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is great. I've stayed here a few times over the past few years for weddings, workshops and conventions. Rooms are typical Embassy suites. Nice big living area, and mini kitchen area, small economical bathrooms and nice sized bedrooms. Floor 19, the room we were given for this stay 1910 has a great view overlooking Tampa. The pool on level 3 is very nice and has a great view. The complementary cocktail reception and cooked to order breakfast are great additions for the price. The trolley stop just outside is perfect for hopping on to go to dinner and drinks without having to take a cab and drive. The only problem that I have had with this hotel in ALL of my past stays for the parking. Valet is $25 per day. The line for parking took us 20 minutes just to get an attendant to help. They were VERY backed up. When having our car pulled around by valet we were told it was "first come first serve" and we waiting 30 minutes to have our car pulled around once down at the valet area. They were swamped. Other then the parking situation a nice hotel for a good price and great perks.

Room Tip: ask for a high room 19 and & have great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad you enjoyed your suite at our Embassy Suites. I apologize that the parking was of concern during your time with us. I’ve brought your comments to our team for review. I appreciate your comments and hope that if you're travels bring you back to Tampa that you will choose to stay at our Embassy Suites again.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was recommended through trip advisor as a place for a getaway weekend before a cruise. Overall, it was a great find in terms of the bang for your buck. Clean, free breakfast, friendly staff, free happy hour (yes, you read that right), and it was close to the trolley line. In terms of a location..it was easy to find, felt like a safe neighborhood, and seemed centralized.

it's NOT the in the nightlife section of town for a weekend, and didn't have a lot of options around for restaurants/bars. (some, just not tons). We were really disappointed in the Riverwalk - there's really not much there. However, that's not the hotel's fault, just a badly publicized, over exaggerated part of Tampa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very welcoming and friendly. From the valet to front desk and housekeeping everyone smiled and said hello to me. The room was comfortable and very nicely decorated. Breakfast was good and the managers reception was a pleasant place to relax. I don't know why some people have to complain about free breakfast and free drinks.

• Stayed November 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent location on water and adjacent to convention center; close to numerous restaurants. Valet service was so lacking in number of attendants, cars were blocking entrance. Even those there had lead in their shoes. Had to park across street in public garage as hotel has no self parking; not good for security purposes. Front desk staff had no welcoming greeting; didn't even look at me until she handed me my room key. Rooms typical of an Embassy Suite.My room had three different granite tops and edging on each counter. Manager's reception in lobby bar area was like eating lunch in grade school. Lighting was far too bright and tables were lined up like picnic tables. Breakfast service was slow and lack of table seating made it that more unenjoyable. Hostess was really nice. Hotel not worthy of a $200+ nightly rate. Two other highly regarded brand hotels in same area.

Room Tip: Room overlooking bay offers great view lines.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest appearance and amenities are areas we continually examine. I’m terribly disappointed that you were not greeted with a warm and welcoming smile from our front desk staff. I’ve addressed this with them so this doesn’t happen again. I’m also sorry for the inconvenience with our valet service and have passed on your feedback to the management company. We will surely keep your other comments in mind as we look to enhance our guest experience. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Jason Bowers

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!