“Excellence beginning at the front desk” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #79 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Germantown, Maryland
“Excellence beginning at the front desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Loved my 2 night stay here starting with the warm welcome from Gina at the front desk. She made me feel like family during our stay. She gave me helpful information and was so friendly. She was extremely busy at the desk by herself, but remained calm and professional while multitasking as customers came and went. I told her when we registered that we were here to look for a new home. She remembered and asked us how our hunt went when we came back at the end of the day. Great, clean room. Nice buffet breakfast and the hotel was very convenient for us getting around Tampa/Clearwater and St Pete, where we eventually bought a home. We'll be seeing you again! Keep up the great work Gina S.

Room Tip: There didn't appear to be any bad rooms. The hotel is set back from the road so the noise level...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello, and thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! Gina works very hard to make sure all our guests have a great stay, and I am very pleased you mentioned her in your review. We all have been striving to exceed expectations of our guests, and we love seeing your comments when we do! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Take Care!

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I called the front desk prior to my arrival and Felicity answered the phone. So was very helpful and very pleasant to speak to on the phone. She was able to help with my questions very promptly and enthusiacaticly. The hotel was located close to the airport and my shuttle driver picked me up and was also very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your recent stay with us! Felicity is going to be so excited to see her name mentioned in another review! She works very hard to make sure all her guests get everything they need, and I am proud to have her on my team.

We hope to see you again soon.

GLENS FALLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent location, rooms clean, bed comfortable. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Had minor problem with a/c unit and staff(front desk lady with down under accent) fixed problem right away. Sorry for not remembering her name, I had flown in for funeral and was pre occupied. The nice lady(from cuba) who prepared and served food and beverages during manager night event was polite and always had a smile for whoever came in. Great hotel and staff. Will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hi Ed! Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! Felicity (from down under) and OMaris will be thrilled to see your comments! There is a new thing going on here where everyone is competing to see who gets their name mentioned on Trip Advisor the most! We just wish your visit had been under better circumstances. Take care, and we hope you get to visit us again for pleasure soon!

Bielefeld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you have tickets for a Football or a Baseball game and you want to stay close to the stadiums to avoid longer taxi or car rides - this hotel is perfect. If you just look for a good hotel I think you can get something cheaper with the same quality. Its a 20 minutes walk to the Raymond James Stadium. For the games they also have shuttle Service foc.The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Forget about the breakfast, go better to Moms Place just around the Corner.

Room Tip: Book early and cheaper and take a Suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello Peter2406, and thank you for your review of our hotel. As I am sure you have read below, I am the new General Manager for this property. I appreciate the feedback about our breakfast, and although I can't compete with a restaurant named "Mom's," (I mean seriously, who can beat MOM's Cooking? ;-) I can tell you we are constantly making improvements every day. We are coaching and training and are improving our product and service. We hope you get a chance to come back and see how far we have come.

Take Care,
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

the location is near the stadium therefore you would think that you would be getting a better quality Hotel however first night I requested to be moved after I started to itch once I was in the bed and getting bumps all over my body. The carpet was dirty doors broken and towels we're not thoroughly clean. The chair on had three legs..will not recommend this location to anyone..

• Stayed August 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Rippedstang05,

Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay. I would be very interested in speaking with you directly to help me better understand the issues you had with your room.

As I have been recently posting, I just took over this property, and each and every comment I get - good or bad - is needed so I can prioritize the next improvement I make here. I am in the middle of personally inspecting each and every room on property to make sure I get an accurate list of items I need to repair. Fortunately, it seems like most of the rooms here are in really good shape for being 8 years old. I agree a carpet cleaning is needed, and we have recently contracted a vendor and they are starting the process of getting all 147 rooms carpet cleaned.

Please reach out to me here at the hotel so I can get the room number you stayed in so I can give it a really good once over.

Thanks.

Dunedin, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will say some of the staff was great (if they acknowledged you). The room on the other hand was a mess! Shower handle was hanging off making the water so hot that it burnt my kids. Telephones did not work and I expressed my dislike with front desk simply to be told "well I am nice so can you give me a good review?". The free hot breakfast was convenient but not very tasty. It was nice having the free shuttle but the driver that he was Mario Andretti and scared us to death. Will consider staying again for a game but I will never take my kids back to this unsafe hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take your children
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Lara T,

Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay. As the new General Manager of the property, I can't tell you how valuable your comments are to me. It allows me to make immediate and needed changes so we can improve our service and quality of stay for our guests.

I would love to speak to you further regarding which room you were in so I can make sure our maintenance team corrects the issues.

In the mean time, please rest assured I am taking steps to make sure our response to our guests when things don't go 100% correct is being addressed and coached.

Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a review, and I hope we get a chance to speak soon.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

No problems found at this hotel, free shuttle service only to R J Stadium. Return trip was $7 cab ride or walkable (approximately 1/2 mile). Staff very welcoming and helpful, answered our questions.

Hotel was clean, well maintained. Free breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cinnamon rolls and all the other usual items. Lots of choices. Would go there again. It's not a resort, but serves the purpose for an overnight stay and the location is convenient if you need an overnight stay after a football event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Ravens Fan,

You are the first review I get to respond to. My name is Ryan Cornelius, and I am the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport. I was previously at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Tampa USF Busch Gardens.

Please let me first thank you for your review of our hotel. Since I have only been here a week, it is nice to see reviews since your are seeing the property in the same way I am. Everything is new to me here, and I look forward to learning everything there is to know about my new hotel. I know I truly appreciate the value guest reviews has for future guests, but for us as well. We can take the opportunity to learn how to do better.

There is a lot of things I want to accomplish here, and I am happy to start off on a good note.

Thank you!

Ryan Cornelius

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!