“Ed from upstate New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #84 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GLENS FALLS
“Ed from upstate New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent location, rooms clean, bed comfortable. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Had minor problem with a/c unit and staff(front desk lady with down under accent) fixed problem right away. Sorry for not remembering her name, I had flown in for funeral and was pre occupied. The nice lady(from cuba) who prepared and served food and beverages during manager night event was polite and always had a smile for whoever came in. Great hotel and staff. Will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi Ed! Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! Felicity (from down under) and OMaris will be thrilled to see your comments! There is a new thing going on here where everyone is competing to see who gets their name mentioned on Trip Advisor the most! We just wish your visit had been under better circumstances. Take care, and we hope you get to visit us again for pleasure soon!

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bielefeld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you have tickets for a Football or a Baseball game and you want to stay close to the stadiums to avoid longer taxi or car rides - this hotel is perfect. If you just look for a good hotel I think you can get something cheaper with the same quality. Its a 20 minutes walk to the Raymond James Stadium. For the games they also have shuttle Service foc.The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Forget about the breakfast, go better to Moms Place just around the Corner.

Room Tip: Book early and cheaper and take a Suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello Peter2406, and thank you for your review of our hotel. As I am sure you have read below, I am the new General Manager for this property. I appreciate the feedback about our breakfast, and although I can't compete with a restaurant named "Mom's," (I mean seriously, who can beat MOM's Cooking? ;-) I can tell you we are constantly making improvements every day. We are coaching and training and are improving our product and service. We hope you get a chance to come back and see how far we have come.

Take Care,
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

the location is near the stadium therefore you would think that you would be getting a better quality Hotel however first night I requested to be moved after I started to itch once I was in the bed and getting bumps all over my body. The carpet was dirty doors broken and towels we're not thoroughly clean. The chair on had three legs..will not recommend this location to anyone..

• Stayed August 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Rippedstang05,

Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay. I would be very interested in speaking with you directly to help me better understand the issues you had with your room.

As I have been recently posting, I just took over this property, and each and every comment I get - good or bad - is needed so I can prioritize the next improvement I make here. I am in the middle of personally inspecting each and every room on property to make sure I get an accurate list of items I need to repair. Fortunately, it seems like most of the rooms here are in really good shape for being 8 years old. I agree a carpet cleaning is needed, and we have recently contracted a vendor and they are starting the process of getting all 147 rooms carpet cleaned.

Please reach out to me here at the hotel so I can get the room number you stayed in so I can give it a really good once over.

Thanks.

Dunedin, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will say some of the staff was great (if they acknowledged you). The room on the other hand was a mess! Shower handle was hanging off making the water so hot that it burnt my kids. Telephones did not work and I expressed my dislike with front desk simply to be told "well I am nice so can you give me a good review?". The free hot breakfast was convenient but not very tasty. It was nice having the free shuttle but the driver that he was Mario Andretti and scared us to death. Will consider staying again for a game but I will never take my kids back to this unsafe hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take your children
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Lara T,

Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay. As the new General Manager of the property, I can't tell you how valuable your comments are to me. It allows me to make immediate and needed changes so we can improve our service and quality of stay for our guests.

I would love to speak to you further regarding which room you were in so I can make sure our maintenance team corrects the issues.

In the mean time, please rest assured I am taking steps to make sure our response to our guests when things don't go 100% correct is being addressed and coached.

Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a review, and I hope we get a chance to speak soon.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

No problems found at this hotel, free shuttle service only to R J Stadium. Return trip was $7 cab ride or walkable (approximately 1/2 mile). Staff very welcoming and helpful, answered our questions.

Hotel was clean, well maintained. Free breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cinnamon rolls and all the other usual items. Lots of choices. Would go there again. It's not a resort, but serves the purpose for an overnight stay and the location is convenient if you need an overnight stay after a football event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Ravens Fan,

You are the first review I get to respond to. My name is Ryan Cornelius, and I am the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport. I was previously at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Tampa USF Busch Gardens.

Please let me first thank you for your review of our hotel. Since I have only been here a week, it is nice to see reviews since your are seeing the property in the same way I am. Everything is new to me here, and I look forward to learning everything there is to know about my new hotel. I know I truly appreciate the value guest reviews has for future guests, but for us as well. We can take the opportunity to learn how to do better.

There is a lot of things I want to accomplish here, and I am happy to start off on a good note.

Thank you!

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here in March of 2012. Nothing too great about this hotel, a typical chain hotel. It was clean, sheets were changed, and it wasn't too expensive. Good for a decent place to stay, not great if you want a hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ashleigh H, and thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am the new General Manager here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, and I hope to make some changes for the better in the coming months. I don't want anyone to ever leave my hotel not thinking it wasn't special.

I hope you get a chance to come back and see the changes we are making soon!

Dayton, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is by far is the worst Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at and I always stay at Holiday Inn Express. The shower handle did not work correctly, it would not provide any cool water so showers were buring hot. Hair dryer sparked and smelled electical- had to unplug. Upon check out told front desk women and they really did not seem to care just said they will have it fixed. Van shuttle driver to airport was very short with my kids. I emailed GM twice and no response. Guess they just dont care. Don't stay here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Monkey12,

Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay with us. I have reviewed these comments as well as the review you left on your survey of the hotel. Since I have just joined the team as the new General Manager, please rest assured I take all guest comments very seriously, and use them as a tool to help us always get better and better every day in every way. We cannot maintain or sustain our business if all our guests have experiences such as yours.

That being said, I hope we get a chance to redeem ourselves when you return in the future. We are taking immediate steps to improve the quality of our rooms, as well as the service we provide.

Ryan Cornelius

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!