“Room falling apart” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #79 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Room falling apart”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My self and my 2 young boy stay 1 night for a early flight out in the morning . Front desk lady at night was wonderful when we check in .(wish she was there when we checked out). At 1st appearance everything looked great in the room until it was time for bed . Went to look down the room for the night and noticed only 1 loose screw in security latch . The other 3 gone completely . Put on latch and sleep with 1 eye open all night . Got up early in morning to shower and found rod across shower sagging down with 1 screw holding it up . To a shower with 1 hand holding it up . New hotel with a run down room. Told people at front desk , not to concerned . Told me I paid cash so couldn't offer anything back on room . Gave card for points toward next paid stay . Wow

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mowers02,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations specifically with the condition of the room. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Secunderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My booking in another hotel was cancelled by the hotel and Orbitz booked me a room in here. My objective was to stay near airport and I'm glad they gave me this hotel. Its hardly 5-10mins drive to airport from here. Receptionist was very courteous and patiently answering calls on a overbooking day. My room was quite big and it has good furniture. Breakfast area is good and had ample of choices. Do no hesitate to stay here if you get the opportunity. I had no complaints for 1 night stay...

• Stayed January 2013
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of our cruise and one night at the end of the cruise..the room we were in the first part of our stay had terrible wifi...but the second room at the end of our stay wifi was fine. Carpets were very stained and there was greasy fingerprints all over the door. The elevators made terrible noises...they did not feel safe. Complimentary breakfast was adequate. Bathrooms were roomy and looked recently renovated but they really need to redo carpets. Rooms were very large.

Room Tip: If wifi is important ask for a room that it actually works.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear janny54ontario,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are truly sorry our level cleanliness less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our housekeeping team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Joel B
Burlington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise. The room was large and updated with 2 queen beds. However, the air conditioner was loud and the water in the shower would not turn completely off. The staff was always friendly and always greeted us when we went through the lobby. There was also a free reception of soup, salad, bread and beer/beverage in the evening. (Wednesday) Breakfast in the morning. This hotel isn't close to a lot of eating establishments to walk to, however, with a car there are many options! Try Amarilly's sandwich shop near the stadium...great Cuban food!! For a reasonably priced hotel, it met our needs and we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Jrath01,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy you like our staff service. It is with deep regret to learn about your dissatisfaction on the room amenities you received. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression that these might have caused you. We are committed in providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously and that the management has taken action to address the areas of concern.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Millersburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent the night before our Carnival Cruise here. They offer complimentary transportation from the airport to the hotel. While the restaurant in front of the Inn has closed, they have complimentary transportation to probably 30 or more restaurants. We chose the International Mall where there was a Cheesecake Factory. Great place to visit! The next morning we had a complimentary breakfast...typical hotel buffet with artificial eggs, cereal, bagels, etc. They drove us to the cruise ship pier and dropped us off right where we register.
Our room was very comfortable. Had a good night's sleep on the bed. Good water pressure in the shower.
I would definitely recommend this hotel when going to the cruise ship pier. (It is also across the street from the Stadium which is very convenient if you are going to games)

Central Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

From the moment I saw that the badly lit Holiday Inn sign from the road, I soon realized that this not going to be a memorable stay. The property sits behind a closed restaurant and vacant store fronts; pretty creepy.
The check in was smooth and after I received my key card I walked to the elevator, pressed my floor and the doors closed behind me. When the elevator started up I could not believe the sounds coming from the hydraulic lifts. I thought that at any second the elevator was going to come crashing down.
When I got to my room, I counted no less than 1/2 dozen pretty big stain on the carpet. Several stains were red (hopefully it was fruit punch).
When I got into bed, I could not believe how uncomfortable the mattress.

I understand its a budget hotel, though I have been to a lot better hotels for less money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Razz,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the condition of the room accommodations that you were given. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your review. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you can give us another chance to make it as best as it can be.

Pam G.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 102 and I had the privelage of sleeping with bed bugs. I found the little critter crawling on my bed then i killed it and he was full of blood. Disgusting. They did dry our clothes and gave us 2000 reward points.
CHECK YOUR BED BEFORE YOU GET IN IT!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear lo2117,

Irish V.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!