You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Ranked #93 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Burlington, Kentucky
“Really nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise. The room was large and updated with 2 queen beds. However, the air conditioner was loud and the water in the shower would not turn completely off. The staff was always friendly and always greeted us when we went through the lobby. There was also a free reception of soup, salad, bread and beer/beverage in the evening. (Wednesday) Breakfast in the morning. This hotel isn't close to a lot of eating establishments to walk to, however, with a car there are many options! Try Amarilly's sandwich shop near the stadium...great Cuban food!! For a reasonably priced hotel, it met our needs and we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Jrath01,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy you like our staff service. It is with deep regret to learn about your dissatisfaction on the room amenities you received. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression that these might have caused you. We are committed in providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously and that the management has taken action to address the areas of concern.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Millersburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent the night before our Carnival Cruise here. They offer complimentary transportation from the airport to the hotel. While the restaurant in front of the Inn has closed, they have complimentary transportation to probably 30 or more restaurants. We chose the International Mall where there was a Cheesecake Factory. Great place to visit! The next morning we had a complimentary breakfast...typical hotel buffet with artificial eggs, cereal, bagels, etc. They drove us to the cruise ship pier and dropped us off right where we register.
Our room was very comfortable. Had a good night's sleep on the bed. Good water pressure in the shower.
I would definitely recommend this hotel when going to the cruise ship pier. (It is also across the street from the Stadium which is very convenient if you are going to games)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

From the moment I saw that the badly lit Holiday Inn sign from the road, I soon realized that this not going to be a memorable stay. The property sits behind a closed restaurant and vacant store fronts; pretty creepy.
The check in was smooth and after I received my key card I walked to the elevator, pressed my floor and the doors closed behind me. When the elevator started up I could not believe the sounds coming from the hydraulic lifts. I thought that at any second the elevator was going to come crashing down.
When I got to my room, I counted no less than 1/2 dozen pretty big stain on the carpet. Several stains were red (hopefully it was fruit punch).
When I got into bed, I could not believe how uncomfortable the mattress.

I understand its a budget hotel, though I have been to a lot better hotels for less money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Razz,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the condition of the room accommodations that you were given. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your review. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you can give us another chance to make it as best as it can be.

Pam G.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed in room 102 and I had the privelage of sleeping with bed bugs. I found the little critter crawling on my bed then i killed it and he was full of blood. Disgusting. They did dry our clothes and gave us 2000 reward points.
CHECK YOUR BED BEFORE YOU GET IN IT!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear lo2117,

Irish V.
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this location the night before a football game I was going to be attending. Overall the hotel was okay (definitely not the worst place I have ever stayed), and other than having the most uncomfortable mattresses in the World, I had no real complaints.

My issues arose when I would ask the front desk for random information, such as directions or numbers for local businesses. The front desk would kindly oblige and write the information on a small piece of scratch paper for me. To my surprise, the "scratch papers" were actually previous guests receipts/folios from their stay at the hotel. The paper had personal information about the guest, such as their FULL NAME, FULL ADDRESS, COMPANY, LAST 4 DIGITS OF CREDIT CARD, MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.....and so on.

With identity theft being at an all time high (and Florida being the state with the most identity theft occurring yearly in the US), I was amazed that any business/establishment would so carelessly handle their customer's info in this manner. I think this is a legitimate concern for anyone who has ever stayed at this location.

PS - I kept the papers as proof in case management wants confirm/dispute my claims....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dgrenier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am very sorry that you experienced what I agree to be a bad practice. Our staff has been trained regarding the personal information which you refer to and the caution which must be taken with it. As a result of your feedback this issue has been readdressed with the entire staf. Thank You
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel because of a family medical emergency. The hotel did offer a special rate for family members of patients at a nearby hospital. The front desk staff who checked us in were very kind and sympathetic. Unfortunately, our room on the second floor was adjacent to a roof area where there was standing water. There was a terrible musty, moldy smell in the room. We should have asked to move immediately, but we asked the staff to at least spray with some air freshener while we were out. When we returned, the smell was still there. It was late, so we spent the first night in the room. The next morning we were moved to a fourth floor room which was very large but had a large dirty spot on the carpet near the refrigerator/bar area. It seemed that some of the furnishings were missing -- no coffee table in the "living" area and no hassock with the chair. The shower curtain looked as if it had been left in the dryer overnight and was terribly wrinkled. The dust ruffle on the bed was askew -- about three inches too long on one side and hiked up several inches off the floor on the other. We did not call these problems to the attention of the staff because we were busy attending to issues related to the family illness. Our room on the fourth floor was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were in need of replacement as they were lumpy.

The breakfast area was large and looked out on a lovely pool and hot tub area. The food was more or less typical of HI Express but on one morning there was no fruit whatsoever. When we asked the attendant about fruit, she just said there wasn't any. On the other two mornings, there were bananas.

Overall, the stay was in a convenient location for us for this trip, but disappointing otherwise. The front desk willingly moved us from our first room and offered us compensation of the total of two snack items for our trouble. The wi-fi connection worked well. There were two computers near the elevators for guests to use which were usually occupied by children. We did not check out the fitness center. The hotel is conveniently located to the football stadium.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor rooms adjoining the roof area. Our fourth floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear TravelingfoolGeorgia,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to a cruise. Checked in really late and didn't expect much. Pricing was reasonable, accommodations were nice. Breakfast came with the room and was typical, typical.

Overall, a pretty good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family