We spent three nights at this hotel because of a family medical emergency. The hotel did offer a special rate for family members of patients at a nearby hospital. The front desk staff who checked us in were very kind and sympathetic. Unfortunately, our room on the second floor was adjacent to a roof area where there was standing water. There was a terrible musty, moldy smell in the room. We should have asked to move immediately, but we asked the staff to at least spray with some air freshener while we were out. When we returned, the smell was still there. It was late, so we spent the first night in the room. The next morning we were moved to a fourth floor room which was very large but had a large dirty spot on the carpet near the refrigerator/bar area. It seemed that some of the furnishings were missing -- no coffee table in the "living" area and no hassock with the chair. The shower curtain looked as if it had been left in the dryer overnight and was terribly wrinkled. The dust ruffle on the bed was askew -- about three inches too long on one side and hiked up several inches off the floor on the other. We did not call these problems to the attention of the staff because we were busy attending to issues related to the family illness. Our room on the fourth floor was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were in need of replacement as they were lumpy.
The breakfast area was large and looked out on a lovely pool and hot tub area. The food was more or less typical of HI Express but on one morning there was no fruit whatsoever. When we asked the attendant about fruit, she just said there wasn't any. On the other two mornings, there were bananas.
Overall, the stay was in a convenient location for us for this trip, but disappointing otherwise. The front desk willingly moved us from our first room and offered us compensation of the total of two snack items for our trouble. The wi-fi connection worked well. There were two computers near the elevators for guests to use which were usually occupied by children. We did not check out the fitness center. The hotel is conveniently located to the football stadium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay SMART at the Tampa Stadium Hotel Airport Area, We are the closest Tampa hotel to Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Legend s Field, the spring training site of the New York Yankees.Our hotel is close to Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Westshore business district. Downtown Tampa, Port of Tampa, the Convention Center and St. Pete Times Forum, are just a 5 minute drive. The Holiday Inn Express Tampa Stadium hotel is also close to all attractions such as Ybor City, Busch Gardens, Tampa Aquarium and MOSI. We offer free shuttle service within 3 miles, between the hours of 5:30 am and 12 am.The Tampa Stadium Area hotel is a non-smoking facility featuring our free Deluxe Breakfast Bar, High Speed Internet Access and business center. Our Tampa hotel also offers 7,000 square feet of meeting space and full-service catering facilities and our peaceful setting on our own private lake is the perfect location for exchanging your wedding vows. Unwind at the end of your busy day at our outdoor heated pool and spa or in our state-of-the-art fitness center.Corporations located nearby the hotel include Hertz, St. Joseph s Hospital, General Motor s, Lear Corporation, General Electric and FEDEX Corporation.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stadium Airport Area Tampa s newest attraction! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Tampa Holiday Inn