“Clean it up and make the beds somewhat comfortable.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #85 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Clean it up and make the beds somewhat comfortable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

yes, I get it. This motel is close to the stadium, but pulease, does that mean that the cleanliness and the niceties have to go by the board. This motel really does need to close for a couple of weeks and CLEAN, clean, clean and then add some touches to the rooms. Currently the facilities are meager, barren and certainly in need of attention. I came with two other couples and yes, the stadium proximity was a determining factor but I can promise you that this wont be a factor next time. As a holiday inn, this place really needs work and again, if it was my facility, I would have to say, shut it down and give it a good steam cleaning, decorate, put new mattresses on each of the beds, and generally make the place just a little bit warm and friendly. The hot tub outside was absolutely disgusting and totally unusable...although there was water (dirty) in it along ŵith grime and stains and a bushel of dirty leaves.
My one 4/5 mark goes to the two girls who were on the front desk, I believe their names were Felicity and Gina. They were definetely understaffed but maintained their composure and looked after the long lines waiting to check in. Other staff came and went without offering any assistance. I will give my report on the breakfast in another review las I think I've said enough about this.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Bonitabeach33,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel I appreciate you giving the location of the hotel a high score and for noticing how efficient our front desk were during your check-in. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the overall cleanliness of the hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at HEI for two weeks. This was the most relaxing vacation weve had in a long time. We just came to get away. The service here is unbeatable. Nothing is too much trouble for them. There breakfast was very good and nice and quiet. Everything was fresh daily. We also had a problem of our doing when we came home because we left something very inportant in the safe. They had it Fedex to us the next day in less than 12 hours. Thank you! Thank you! A special thanks to Felicity, Debbie and Mike. Thank you to all the others who's name we don't know. This is our second time staying here for two weeks and we will be back next year. Also the pool area is very clean and relaxing. The rooms were also very clean , i think they had little elfs come in and do them, I never saw them but they were always cleaned right after we left the room. Thank you again for a job well done. Rick and Barbara Schoen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Very nice staff. clean rooms, pretty location - close to everything we wanted to do. They have a great airport shuttle. Great breakfast choices - hot and fresh.
The beds were comfortable. The room temperature was easy to control. Our room came with a fridge and microwave. The room was huge!. Behind the hotel was a pond with ducks. Great fun for the kids. We love to visit Tampa and we love the people. We visited lots of areas up and down the Veteran's Highway.
But we had no hot water. At first I thought at the end of the day, the other patrons had just used it all up, but in the morning I was up by six o'clock and I still had no hot water. This is pretty disappointing to me, and this needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: I like being right on the ground floor. Easy to get to and from and not too loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for Bucs v Saints game on holiday from UK 1ST NFL game.Rooms ok staff very friendly at desk & breakfast room.Short walk to stadium but there is a shuttle bus.Saints fans in party mood.Waffle maker broke & nice touch from kitchen staff to have some made from another hotel & brought in for our kids.If i get the chance of another game we'll be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was greeted very well when I arrived. I had prior reservatrions and the reservations were waiting on me. I was given my room key as soon as I showed them my ID. My room was very clean no stains on the floor, my bathroom was very clean just everthing about the room was great. The lady at the hotel desk was very happy to print out my boarding passes for my flight the next morning. The lady at the desk called and made reservations with the cab company for me a cab to the airport, as my flight was eailer than the hotel shuttle started. Very friendly and very clean and neat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed one night at the hotel. You have to call from the airport for the shuttles. They do not have a phone in the baggage claim area. The shuttle took about 15 minutes but that seemed reasonable when I saw where we had to travel.

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so do not expect the Hilton. But you pay less. The hotel was fine. I always look to see how clean the hotel and rooms are kept and I was very pleased with this hotel. I found the rooms well done, bright and lively and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very good. The staff was very efficient and friendly as were the shuttle drivers. There is a diner just a block away if you do not have a car. Without a car you are very limited as to availability in the area..

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay again. The one concern I had was with the internet access. It is complimentary but I had a great deal of getting online and staying online with my iPad. They might want to look at the access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back which overlooks a lake, much nicer then the room on the front overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks good on the outside but once I arrived in my room, I was mistaken. The carpeting was the first thing I noticed as being dirty and very stained. The bathroom cleanliness was questionable and the tub fixture were falling apart and the sink needed a thorough cleaning. All the towels had stains on them. Time to replace the towels?
The drapes in the room were stained and need to be replaced. Also the lighting in the room was very dim.
Needless to say that I was dissatisfied with my selection.

• Stayed October 2012
dgrenier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be used to improve our performance.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!