“Where is the hot water?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #79 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Where is the hot water?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Very nice staff. clean rooms, pretty location - close to everything we wanted to do. They have a great airport shuttle. Great breakfast choices - hot and fresh.
The beds were comfortable. The room temperature was easy to control. Our room came with a fridge and microwave. The room was huge!. Behind the hotel was a pond with ducks. Great fun for the kids. We love to visit Tampa and we love the people. We visited lots of areas up and down the Veteran's Highway.
But we had no hot water. At first I thought at the end of the day, the other patrons had just used it all up, but in the morning I was up by six o'clock and I still had no hot water. This is pretty disappointing to me, and this needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: I like being right on the ground floor. Easy to get to and from and not too loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for Bucs v Saints game on holiday from UK 1ST NFL game.Rooms ok staff very friendly at desk & breakfast room.Short walk to stadium but there is a shuttle bus.Saints fans in party mood.Waffle maker broke & nice touch from kitchen staff to have some made from another hotel & brought in for our kids.If i get the chance of another game we'll be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was greeted very well when I arrived. I had prior reservatrions and the reservations were waiting on me. I was given my room key as soon as I showed them my ID. My room was very clean no stains on the floor, my bathroom was very clean just everthing about the room was great. The lady at the hotel desk was very happy to print out my boarding passes for my flight the next morning. The lady at the desk called and made reservations with the cab company for me a cab to the airport, as my flight was eailer than the hotel shuttle started. Very friendly and very clean and neat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed one night at the hotel. You have to call from the airport for the shuttles. They do not have a phone in the baggage claim area. The shuttle took about 15 minutes but that seemed reasonable when I saw where we had to travel.

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so do not expect the Hilton. But you pay less. The hotel was fine. I always look to see how clean the hotel and rooms are kept and I was very pleased with this hotel. I found the rooms well done, bright and lively and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very good. The staff was very efficient and friendly as were the shuttle drivers. There is a diner just a block away if you do not have a car. Without a car you are very limited as to availability in the area..

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay again. The one concern I had was with the internet access. It is complimentary but I had a great deal of getting online and staying online with my iPad. They might want to look at the access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back which overlooks a lake, much nicer then the room on the front overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks good on the outside but once I arrived in my room, I was mistaken. The carpeting was the first thing I noticed as being dirty and very stained. The bathroom cleanliness was questionable and the tub fixture were falling apart and the sink needed a thorough cleaning. All the towels had stains on them. Time to replace the towels?
The drapes in the room were stained and need to be replaced. Also the lighting in the room was very dim.
Needless to say that I was dissatisfied with my selection.

• Stayed October 2012
dgrenier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be used to improve our performance.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Only stayed first night in Tampa here after late flight from NYC, (thereafter stayed with friends) but could have happily stayed longer. On map didnt realise hotel so far from airport, but actually located to the east? of airport, however the hotel free shuttle bus negated any problems getting to the hotel - especially at 10:30pm. The hotel receptionist was friendly and due to my IHG hotels Loyalty card i was a given a room upgrade to a suite, which included a late check-out next day. The suite was clean and very roomy/ comfortable, tho the in-room aircon unit seemed a little noisy until got used to it. The en-suite bathroom seemed clean, the only problem encountered being the shower water controller was stiff and only ran HOT or Cold. As always, the free wifi enabled me to catch-up on the days email etc. Even tho suite at front of hotel, hotel situated far enough back off main hway not to hear traffic noise, and slept soundly on a comfortable King bed. Next morning Just made the ample free buffet breakfast in the cosy dining room overlooking the pool and river, before returning to room till noon checkout (actual late check-out poss til 2pm). Left a room maintainence (shower tap) card with reception on departure, which was acknowledged by email a couple of days later. The only possible negative for this hotel is its location away from the city which would make it hard to get around if staying a few days without a car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
dgrenier, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests. It is our best tool to continually improve our facility and customer service.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've stayed here several times, each time when I've come to town for a football game at Raymond James Stadium, which is just a 10-minute walk. The staff was pleasant. The room was clean. I didn't sleep well at night, but that may be more a product of me being unable to sleep well in a bed other than my own. Overall, nothing fancy, but they have the basics covered. I chose this hotel for its proximity for the stadium more than anything else.

I've stayed here 4 times, and will stay here again next time I go to a Bucs game.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
dgrenier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. I am proud of all our staff. Glad to know it was appreciated.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!