“Felicity made the difference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4750 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #85 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Felicity made the difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here February 23rd thru the 24th 2012. This hotel is quite nice. The hotel is situated in a great location, room was clean, nice property with a beautiful lake view.

What made the difference for us was Felicity at the front desk. She was very helpful and caring, she has a great personality and went out of her way to help my wife and I in explaining the amenities of the hotel, directions to grocery stores and helped us arrange shuttle to and from the Tampa Cruise Terminal. The others we dealt with at the front desk did not seem caring or concerened, But, Felicity's care, concern and service was above and beyond. We hope that Felicity is recognized for the level of service that she provide's and her truly caring attitude.

She truly made the positive difference in our stay.

Fiorentino/ Herrera

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

A disappointing stay. The carpet in our room was dirty with large stains, and the bench in the room was stained as well. There were even stains on the curtains that were reddish- who knows what that might have been?! The linens did seem clean but the beds were awful! Mattresses were lumpy and no support. Seemed like the A/C was not cooling the hallways and it was stuffy.

The hotel lobby has what looks like it was once a waterfall wall and a very dead scraggly plant adorns it. Nasty. The fee breakfast had a juice dispenser and the orange juice was not juice, it was light orange water- and rubbery sausage patties that tasted awful! The television was only fair and the wireless internet was sporadic and very slow. I would not recommend staying here if you have other options.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I love this hotel. It is great because it is worth the price you pay. I come here on business all the time but I also bring my family for the weekend once every few months. It is a brand new hotel and everything is just so clean with a friendly staff and a great atmosphere. It has a outdoor pool and hot tub which is great. The continental breakfast is amazing because it has every single thing you can think of and its free. Complimentary shuttle to anywhere you want near the hotel which is great because there are so many places to go. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have been a HI Express customer for years, and I can honestly say, this is the worst HI Express I have stayed in for many years. First, I will give you the good points. The place is clean, and the housekeeping staff does a good job. Also, the pool area, which includes a heated pool, is great. Now the bad part! The decor in this hotel is BEYOND dated, and considering what I paid, there is no excuse for them not to renovate. Also, the normally wonderful HI Express mattresses were nowhere to be found. Instead, we had a matress more in line with what I would expect to find at the most basic budget motel chain. Finally, the lobby is very cluttered with a food retail section right next to the front desk. It just made the lobby and the whole place look that much cheaper.

I would definitely spend the night somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here when I came down to see the Yankees during spring training. It is within walking distance to the stadium so it's a great value for the money. The breakfast buffet was very good and the lobby was very nice. I thought the rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There's a small pond in the back of the hotel which is nice to walk your dog around. In summing up, I was more than happy with my stay. I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was ok the room was looking run down (321). Beds are clean. Internet is almost useless 0.12 uploaded speeds. It is free and I still want my money back. Staff was frienldy rooms were ok. Exercise room had broken equipment, tVs are old, and the Internet is bad!!! I am use to a little better in a HIE. I am not feeling smart today.

• Stayed February 2012
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times previously for business (it is located near the airport and my customers). The hotel is not holding up well at all and it is not indicative of the HI Express brand standard. I have had excellent stays here in the past and perhaps with some attention to the cleanliness, maintenance and brand they will be able to return to a hotel that represents an excellent value.

Front desk agent at check-in and over our 2-night stay was terse; very bothered by our mere presence as if she were home and we were interrupting her. Had trouble connecting the internet and was told that no one else had complained so it must be fine. The agent on later in the afternoon (Anthony) took care of the connection issue right away.
There were many small physical plant issues which signal to me that a hotel is not being well cared for. The carpet in my room was not vacuumed well-plastic clothing tags, pieces of paper. All of the carpets (room and hallway) were lumpy as if they hadn't been installed properly. Water feature in the lobby was not functioning. House phone haphazardly placed in the breakfast room. There was always garbage on the floor in the lobby and common areas. Grout in the bathroom and elevator floors poorly done and tiles moving. Pancake maker not working.

Only one garbage can in the guestroom (bathroom, not under desk). The only amenities in the bathroom were soap, shampoo and conditioner. Totally all that you need but not the typical HI Express set-up in the bathroom. The pillows were horrendous. I almost tore them up so that they wouldn't be given to another traveler. One, marked "firm" was the lumpiest thing I have ever experienced.

On the plus side the room was large (233) and very, very quiet. The bed and covers were comfortable. The location was great for me and the breakfast is convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport? Share your experiences!