“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #101 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

It's the cheapest hotel we've stayed in in Florida - $50 tax included.
Well, we got our money's worth: room was ok, seems clean, but old, very humid. Don't expect much.

Good access from the highway. We didn't use the pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Its new management hotel and people who work in this hotel is really nice and helpful. The Pool is really nice and specially at night time.The rooms were clean, furniture is good for the price.I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My stay here was very unpleasant, for about $10 I used a coupon you can at the Quality which is 100% better! First the lady at the front desk was very rude to me. I believe her name was Sarah. Apparently shebwas mad because she was invited to a company pool party. The one thing she did do for me was keep me on the ground floor because I had a baby, stroller, and a bunch of stuff. When I got to the room, there were holes in the curtains, the microwave was all rusted and disgusting, I killed a couple roaches, and my sons feet were black after walking on the rug for maybe 5 minutes. The bathroom door wouldn't shut so I couldnt keep my baby out. The tub was dirty and the shower head was torn on the cord coming from it. I checkes in a the hotel next door the next morning and took a shower. I didnt even want to sleep there. My fridge was broke, and I went to the lady at the front desk, the maintenance spoke up for her and said he would take care of it for me because she was talking to him and not me when I asked if I was all set and it was going to be taken care of. My advice to you, inspect the room before you purchase any number of nights, and ask for a renovated room. Apparently the hotel has been new redone, as far as the rooms I saw that isn't the case. There were a bunch of guys standing outside drinking the whole night and we didnt sleep to well. The neighborhood is very ghetto and I know half the people around the neighborhood bring their kids to swim, and the people working at the hotel let them.

• Stayed June 2014
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The lobby is gorgeous, however it's very obvious that was the extent of the upgrades. They desperately need to upgrade the rooms. My room was deplorable. There was no exercise room as listed as one of the amenities. Some people said for the price it was worth it. I strongly disagree. I feel as though they should have paid me to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I was completely surprised by this hotel. First off, the staff is amazing. Manish and Sarah Michelle are so friendly and make you feel right at home. The housekeepers were nice and always gave me towels even though i nevet had the service my room. The rooms were clean, furniture is good for the price. The pool lights up at night and gives the place a mystic feel. I highly recommend this place. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Must give this hotel and their staff A+ for the facility and their services and being so courteous. we have stayed at Rodeway inn but this one was the best ever. our room was clean and had all the amenities we needed. Hotel provide a shuttle services that take to my favorite place (Casino). Also hotel is located next to I-4 which make more easier for travelers to find the hotel, grate pool view thanks to everyone. would definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here long term when I just moved into Tampa, I'm not a HUGE fan of the area, it's very ghetto and I always heard people yelling and screaming outside. And you'll see the police there at least once during your stay. I've also seen people walking around openly smoking weed.. Weekends come along and the neighborhood people bring their 15 kids over to go swimming and they're loud and leave the pool area a mess, and also seem to think the emergency flotation devices are pool toys. They "snow blow" all of the sidewalks and would wake my sleeping baby a lot. The room service is VERY rude, it is an Indian couple that would get angry with my room even though they only came twice a week during my stay and they even told me to wash my own towels!! The room didn't have any mold or anything, it was overall very clean, just did not like the house keepers and how little they came, we had three of us with 2-shower-towels that they only changed every 3-4 days. They do have free coffee in the lobby, and it's next to a free juice machine, but there is never any juice in there. Also there is a bathtub to have a bath in, but there is no tub-stopper so you can only take a bath if you like shove a washcloth into the drain..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!