“Iffy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Port Orange, Florida
“Iffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were wary of this location by other reviews but we tried it because of location. The room was fine, looked to be recently renovated. The staff was ok but the local clientele was scary. They are working at renovations and have work to do. The outside covers on the AC unit are shattered or missing on several units which are an eyesore. They do have smoking rooms yet which has been done away with at nearby Hotels. It's a large 3 story hotel and looks maybe to be section 8 housing.

Room Tip: Inspect before occupying
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 238LarryH238

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Honestly, I normally stay at quality inn Tampa fairgrounds whenever I travel to Tampa this time unfortunately quality inn was sold out and they suggested me to try Rodeway inn which is next door I first hesitated but the desk clerk convinced me that they had new management and did lots of renovation soo I decided to give them a try as there was no other hotel rooms available that day I can say this it's not as good as quality inn but the price I paid the rooms were not that bad pool area was good and was heated only thing is that Rodeway don't offer breakfast beside that I was happy with overall condition of my room. Soo I you looking not to spend too much money and need decent pace just to spend a night I would recommended this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Prince8220
Inverness, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The motel was comfortable and located close to where we were going the Florida State Fair..

The new owners are remodeling the motel and some things were kind of in disarray .. I understand and do not hold that against them .. We killed 2 bugs in the bathroom and had on more the week we were there .. ..

We hope to go back there next year for the Fair then things should be first rate ..

Room Tip: By the Pool is a nice place that's where we were ..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and we had a very pleasant stay in this newly renovated hotel. Our room seemed so brand new, but the bathroom is small. The interior is very nice and we like the fact that the room is very big for two persons.
The lobby is polished, well-decorated and the front desk people were helpful.
The only thing that caught my attention was that at night, there were people loitering just outside their room, drinking and seemed having fun. It gives a feeling of not being safe and very unlikely to see in a hotel.
Overall, the hotel is nice and good for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Malvinsty
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn & Suites

Address: 210 E. Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #119 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Rodeway Inn & Suites 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.