“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boy Scout
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

As far as high end steak houses go, Capital Grille would not be the one I would choose personally to go to. After having been to all that Tampa has to offer many times I like the others around town much better. The atmosphere is certainly nice and it does have that steakhouse supper club feel to it. It is sophisticated. I found the service to be sub par and the food is just ok with me. It certainly does not warrant the price tag attached to it. Give it a try like I of course wanted to do then you be the judge. If you are here traveling with limited time I would suggest one of the others. Capital Grille is all over . So you can catch it any time.

Visited February 2013

“Terrific Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have eaten here for lunch and dinner several times. Never have I had a bad meal or a bad experience with the food or the wait staff. This is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a great dining experience with all the bells, & whistles.
Food, atmosphere, wine & good company (you have to bring that along)

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Capital Luncheon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Always a nice place for an excellent lunch along with great Service. Every customer I've taken there has really enjoyed the experience. It's a great way to say thanks for the business to your customers. I've also had luncheons upstairs for sales meetings, it's an awesome venue. The bar area is large and decor is classy! The menu is the best in town, you get what you pay for. The steaks are always perfect. The grill Master was very happy to say hello when we checked out the open Kitchen. Spotless!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tampa
“Really made you feel special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here for our 22nd anniversary, had never been before. Confirmed reservation and asked if we wanted a booth, then when we arrived, we were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" from the hostess. At our table was an anniversary card with a rose and the table was sprinkled with rose petals and little hearts. Very nice touch. Our server, Sharon, was awesome. Every item on the menu explained in wonderful detail. Ordered soups to start, then 2 lb lobster for me and hubby got Delmonico steak. Loved my lobster. His steak was super tender, but somewhat lacked flavor. They gave us a complimentary glass of champagne for a toast and complimentary Creme Brulee for dessert, also nice touches. We felt very catered to. Decor is a little on the "manly" side for me, but enjoyed the experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, FL
“Christmas dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My old boss treated the whole office to a wondwrful Christmas dinner at this fine restaurant. It was a wonderful evening.