“Deceiving Rates/Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Deceiving Rates/Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spoke personally to the manager as the last resort to the problem. Front office personnel lacking in customer relations skills - Dorothy. People behind the call center was polite and helpful at time of reservation but the hotel is saying "they gave us wrong rate therefore it is not their problem", really? Then whose problem is it? I booked the first time for the Hard Rock rate. I was lead to believe that I did but to my surprise my card was actually charged something else which I found out when I had the confrontation with the manager. All in all, will never step foot in this hotel, deceiving people. My husband and I was embarrassed by the scenario because my father-in-law who is celebrating his birthday, wanted to pay instead. So, 2 occasions ruined by the quality of service. Why did I come back in the first place? Hotel was clean, period!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Hard Rock Visitor,
I apologize for the poor customer service you received and thank you for reaching out to let us know about the issue. We have multiple packages that we run in conjunction with the casino and this can be very confusing for our reservation agents. I have submitted a request to our team that any of these calls automatically be transferred to the front desk staff (who get the daily updates on the package specifics) so that future situations like yours will be avoided. I can understand your embarrassment and frustration and hope that you will give us another try. Please call me personally the next time you would like to visit so that I can take care of you.
General Manager, Theresa White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ft myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I work at a Hotel in Ft Myers, so I am very particular about cleaniness, customer service etc.
We were greeted with a warm smile by Vero. She was so helpful in taking care of our needs, giving directions and giving us ideas on what sights to see. The housekeeping ladies were very helpful in getting us extra items.
The breakfast was Great ! I went back twice..... pancake machine awsom.
It was nice to stay in a comfortable, secure, and quiet place.
We have recommended your place to our friends and we will be back in August.
Thanks
Carol R

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel was excellant, the front desk was great and very helpful with directions. Stayed there for 2 nights. The breakfast was great and the girl that does the breakfast works very hard and tell her she was great...........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Orange, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised! Room was spacious, very clean, shower was nice and strong, which is always a plus to me! We didn't have the opportunity to enjoy breakfast but I heard it was more than adequate to start the day. One very minor complaint...the bathroom would be awesome with a magnifying mirror! Always a hassle for me to put makeup on without my magnifying mirror ;-(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Summerfield, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Warning!! If mold / mildew smell is a problem DO NOT stay here. We tried putting the a/c on high and the odor got much worse.
Also, the shuttle service to the casino is NOT reliable. They tell you they run every hour but it's only if it's convenient for them. We waited a half hour for our shuttle only to find out that the driver was waiting for a guest to finish their drink. WHAT? Be there when you say you'll be there.
Employees need customer service training!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Star13154,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry you found the room and the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

when I first checked In I wasn't sure that this would be the hotel for me because the front door was blocked by other vehicle's and I had to wait 10 minuets to get around them then my door keys would not unlock the back door and i had to walk around the building but by the time I left I'm positive I will always stay at this hotel great hotel staff the young lady who worked the front desk was great for her age she seems very Intelligent I believe her name was Laura or Laren took great care of us along with the bald head fellow who works the shuttle at night.In the morning we had breakfast which was ok typical hotel food great location to the casino and a shuttle both big plus's

• Stayed March 2013
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We wanted to get away for the night and chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Hard Rock Casino. We asked them to put us in a room that was quiet because we just wanted to get a good night sleep. They agreed and put us on the other end of the hallway away from the elevator. The room was clean, The only complaint I have is that despite four calls to the front desk and a personal visit, little was done to quiet down the people in the room next door. They had at least six people in the room, yelling at 10:30 at night. We ended up packing our things and going to the front desk basically saying change our room or we are leaving. We were given a smoking room and told it was the only one available and if we chose to stay despite my allergies, we would have to " figure it out." It was right next to the elevator! So much for a good nights sleep! Like I said, the rooms were nice and also the breakfast food was great but the front staff did not have much bite when it came to complaints about their guests. We should not have had to move when we complained 4 times about the people next door. We called corporate and got our money back for the night. Not our usual way of doing things but needed to do it this time!

Room Tip: Have your room facing the rear of the hotel as the ones that face the front have big spot lights shi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Derrick L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I deeply apologize for the poor service experienced from our hotel staff and the problems you encountered with the level of noise from the other room. However, we are glad the issue was addressed in a timely manner. Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing and we appreciate your honest feedback. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!