“Location Cost..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Location Cost..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express was sufficient for our needs. But for over $125 dollars could of stayed beach side somewhere, but my sister was a Hard Rock winner so she paid, I played. This particular property did have a mildewy smell but only in the halls I thought. The staff were very friendly. I especially enjoyed the breakfast, hot cinammon rolls and a pancake station are different. This hotel is in a great location if going to the casino, and they have a shuttle bus so that sold us. I also enjoyed their toiletries. There lotion was very pleasant..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello Brandon Guest!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to post your comments. We appreciate the business and look forward to having you come back.
Theresa White, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one night and were very impressed with the hotel overall. The location is perfect if you're going to a concert or the casino. The shuttle is an added bonus. Our room was clean, the staff was fantastic, and they had more choices for breakfast than I expected! However, the best part was the bed. You won't find the typical flimsy, uncomfortable mattress or pillows here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Holiday Inn Express hotels are one of our hotels of choice but we were disappointed with our stay at this particular property. The hotel looks great from the outside but the rooms are very, very mildewy-musty smelling. Perhaps if we had had a room with an "even" number it could have been better as that was the sunny side of the hotel. It seems the air-coditioners continue to blow cold musty air as if they are in desperate need of cleaning. This hotel is in a great location as it is exactly across the street from the Fairgrounds entrance and they also provide a free shuttle to the Hard Rock Casino. If you decide to stay here, you will get a great breakfast, so ask for a room on a high floor with an even number.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear peanutsNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you liked our location and you found our staff service commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for the room issues you experienced. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just took my son and his two friends to a rock festival at the Florida Fairgrounds located right across the street from the Holiday Inn. It was reasonably priced, although I worried what kind of neighborhood it was going to be in as it was so close to the Fairgrounds and it was reasonably priced (which is unusual for Florida hotels). I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, it was right across from the Fairgrounds, so the boys could walk across the street to the Fairgrounds for the festival and then I followed them later in the day after relaxing in my comfy hotel room! The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms (we had reserved 2) were both clean and neat and well appointed, with a little microwave and fridge. It was perfect for our needs. Our reservation included a free buffet breakfast that included eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, pancakes and cereal. It was great that I could feed the boys before we hit the road in the morning. I should have known to expect quality from a great name like Holiday Inn. I am fairly picky about economy hotels, but I will definitely be staying here again in September for the next festival at the fairgrounds.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the main street, even numbers face the back of the property. There is no 'good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newborn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Super location! If the casino route is what you enjoy there is a shuttle because the casino is just a few minutes away and over the interstate.
Complementary breakfast is standard fare ----gravy from a can, powdered eggs, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon buns, coffee, cereal, toast, etc... Average, but good and hot. Although they ran out of whole and 2% milk this morning......why?
Clean hotel, hallway and lobby. They run a fan the whole time on my floor (I guess to keep it from smelling musty?).
Now to the elevator......................you could take the stairs 4 times, both down and up from the 4th floor, before the elevator would even rise once to the 4th floor. Painfully slow is how I would describe it. After the second 5 minutes of waiting for the elevator to come up from the lobby I gave up and started taking the stairs.
The 4 pillows supplied with the bed were/are TOO big/thick Crick in neck. Would bring own pillows had I known.
Pool is "smallish".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear garliclover101,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We’re happy to see that our location was ideal for your activities and found the hotel clean. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced with our service elevators and breakfast as well as discomfort from our pillows. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We selected this hotel because it was close to the casino and ran a shuttle to the casino. We weren't disappointed. The shuttle was truly a plus. It left on time, took us over even when it wasn't time for a run and all you had to do was call and they zipped right back over to pick you up.

Customer service at this hotel is wonderfu. I don't have names...the shuttle driver was awesome, the gentleman working the desk Friday evening (June 22) made sure we all caught the shuttle and the young lady in charge of the breakfast area did a wonderfu job. Darling also provided excellent service throughout the weekend.

The room had all the usual....frig, microwave etc. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. My only complaint....the room was well vacuumed however the carpet was stained and dirty. Our socks were black on the bottom in no time. The hallways were not vacuumed. The carpets could use a good cleaning. Rest of the hotel....spotless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Dear Tarisha,Our stay in Holiday Inn when we were at Hindu Priest Lecture from 2 June thru 10 June was very comfortable and hospitality was excellent.. The staff were very cooperative and polite, Also all van drivers have been excellent. Specially we enjoyed 4pm Popcorn break. Thank you so much for taking care of us. We have a very good memories of this hotel. Jayant and Pushpa Patel Rm 219

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!