“Well worth the money!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Davie, Florida
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just took my son and his two friends to a rock festival at the Florida Fairgrounds located right across the street from the Holiday Inn. It was reasonably priced, although I worried what kind of neighborhood it was going to be in as it was so close to the Fairgrounds and it was reasonably priced (which is unusual for Florida hotels). I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, it was right across from the Fairgrounds, so the boys could walk across the street to the Fairgrounds for the festival and then I followed them later in the day after relaxing in my comfy hotel room! The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms (we had reserved 2) were both clean and neat and well appointed, with a little microwave and fridge. It was perfect for our needs. Our reservation included a free buffet breakfast that included eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, pancakes and cereal. It was great that I could feed the boys before we hit the road in the morning. I should have known to expect quality from a great name like Holiday Inn. I am fairly picky about economy hotels, but I will definitely be staying here again in September for the next festival at the fairgrounds.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the main street, even numbers face the back of the property. There is no 'good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newborn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Super location! If the casino route is what you enjoy there is a shuttle because the casino is just a few minutes away and over the interstate.
Complementary breakfast is standard fare ----gravy from a can, powdered eggs, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon buns, coffee, cereal, toast, etc... Average, but good and hot. Although they ran out of whole and 2% milk this morning......why?
Clean hotel, hallway and lobby. They run a fan the whole time on my floor (I guess to keep it from smelling musty?).
Now to the elevator......................you could take the stairs 4 times, both down and up from the 4th floor, before the elevator would even rise once to the 4th floor. Painfully slow is how I would describe it. After the second 5 minutes of waiting for the elevator to come up from the lobby I gave up and started taking the stairs.
The 4 pillows supplied with the bed were/are TOO big/thick Crick in neck. Would bring own pillows had I known.
Pool is "smallish".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear garliclover101,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We’re happy to see that our location was ideal for your activities and found the hotel clean. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced with our service elevators and breakfast as well as discomfort from our pillows. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We selected this hotel because it was close to the casino and ran a shuttle to the casino. We weren't disappointed. The shuttle was truly a plus. It left on time, took us over even when it wasn't time for a run and all you had to do was call and they zipped right back over to pick you up.

Customer service at this hotel is wonderfu. I don't have names...the shuttle driver was awesome, the gentleman working the desk Friday evening (June 22) made sure we all caught the shuttle and the young lady in charge of the breakfast area did a wonderfu job. Darling also provided excellent service throughout the weekend.

The room had all the usual....frig, microwave etc. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. My only complaint....the room was well vacuumed however the carpet was stained and dirty. Our socks were black on the bottom in no time. The hallways were not vacuumed. The carpets could use a good cleaning. Rest of the hotel....spotless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Dear Tarisha,Our stay in Holiday Inn when we were at Hindu Priest Lecture from 2 June thru 10 June was very comfortable and hospitality was excellent.. The staff were very cooperative and polite, Also all van drivers have been excellent. Specially we enjoyed 4pm Popcorn break. Thank you so much for taking care of us. We have a very good memories of this hotel. Jayant and Pushpa Patel Rm 219

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Spring Hill, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here for our anniversary and to have some alone adult time .........after JUST coming home from the Holiday Inn, I have to say that I will NEVER stay there again....the best thing about our stay was the shuttle driver Norton. He made our stay worth it. When we first got to the hotel, there were 2 girls at the desk, (one with a guest the other standing there just talking) took about 8 minutes to even GREET us and as the 1 girl stood there talking to the other, my husband were standing there staring at each other. When we finally got to our room, it SMELLED and was damp. When we told the maintenance man all he did was come up to the room and spray some knockoff Fabreeze.....(i could have done that) and that didnt help but we were told "that there were no other rooms for us" and that was that, we had to deal with it. We paid $179 a night for a Jacuzzi tub in our room and it was just gross....after cleaning the bathtub myself with bleach it still was not relaxing. The tub it self looked as if it was going to fall through the floor. The beds in the room were MISERABLY hard...i get that its a hotel but come on. My husband and i asked for some extra pillows and we were told that "there arent any"....how do you not have extra pillows for your "guests"? When we called down to the front desk to ask for some information the girls seemed to have better things to do than to help us. (rude). The only thing that kept us at this hotel (besides the fact that they already took the $340 to pay for my 2 nights) was Norton.....he was AMAZING, always nice, energetic, fantastic people skills and was an over all great person! He made us feel comfortable and never seemed like we were bothering him. (unlike the girls at the front desk) He went above and beyond to help us, answer any questions we had and just chit chat with us. The random slamming doors we heard throughout the night didnt help either. I personally will never stay at this hotel ever again....id rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post a comment about our hotel. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in person so I can determine which staff members were specifically involved with your check-in process. Customer service is very important to us and I'd like to address this specifically with them. If you would call me, I'd appreciate it. (813) 490-1000

Theresa White
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this property for 9 nights, as part of a larger group. We had basically commondered this hotel for our own use, with approx 30 guests in total staying at the hotel.

The rooms were run of the mill Holiday Inn Express (ie nice/functional) but what really made this property STICK OUT is the staff. Every single person we met (General Manager, Front Desk staff, Night Auditor, cleaning staff, housekeeping, shuttle driver) was so friendly and hospitable. They were always willing to cater to our needs...which made it feel like home!

Thanks to the GM and her lovely staff (especially Lauren) for their dedication and hard work...and keep it up!!

Room Tip: The nicest rooms are located on the ground floor (high ceilings).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really do work hard to make sure that our hotel is a comfortable place to stay for ou guests. I hope you come back and see us again.

Theresa White
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, it's in a great location and very affordable. I was there 4 nights!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!