Super location! If the casino route is what you enjoy there is a shuttle because the casino is just a few minutes away and over the interstate.
Complementary breakfast is standard fare ----gravy from a can, powdered eggs, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon buns, coffee, cereal, toast, etc... Average, but good and hot. Although they ran out of whole and 2% milk this morning......why?
Clean hotel, hallway and lobby. They run a fan the whole time on my floor (I guess to keep it from smelling musty?).
Now to the elevator......................you could take the stairs 4 times, both down and up from the 4th floor, before the elevator would even rise once to the 4th floor. Painfully slow is how I would describe it. After the second 5 minutes of waiting for the elevator to come up from the lobby I gave up and started taking the stairs.
The 4 pillows supplied with the bed were/are TOO big/thick Crick in neck. Would bring own pillows had I known.
Pool is "smallish".
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa/Fairgrounds/ Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa/Fairgrounds/ Hotel
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Tampa Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairgrounds is Tampa's newest hotel located across the entrance of both the Florida State Fairgrounds and The Ford Amphitheatre. Our neighbors also include the nearby Hard Rock Casino, and the Sabal Park Corporate area. The hotel is minutes away from I-75 and the closest Sabal Park Hotel to Tampa International Airport. If shopping is your pleasure, we are easily accessible to Brandon Town Center mall (7 miles), Westshore Mall (12 miles) and International Plaza (12 miles). With easy access to I-75, I-4, I-275, US 41 and US 301, our guests are minutes away from all area attractions and points of interests. Our rooms either feature one King Bed and our two bedded rooms feature larger Queen/Queen setups. We feature an outdoor pool with lush landscaping in a corporate park setting. All rooms feature complimentary wireless & wired high speed Internet access, and we also offer a business center, fitness room and some rooms feature a jacuzzi tub for some extra relaxation after a great day in the Bay area. So whether you are in the area for the Fairgrounds, Raymond James Stadium, the area Beaches, Busch Gardens, or taking in an event at the Ford Amphitheater, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the Fairgrounds is the STAY SMART location to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Venere, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tampa/Fairgrounds/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.