“Wonderful Hotel with Pituresque Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Wonderful Hotel with Pituresque Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My time at the hotel was magnificent. The location is wonderful as are the many wonderful amenities the hotel has to offer. The pastry shop is to die for with an assorted variety of tasty treats and the restaurant was five star quality. The service at the hotel was exceptional. Sol from the front desk went above and beyond from what her duties entailed, she checked me in promptly as I was running late to an event, and made sure all my needs were expedited. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys being pampered. I can't wait until my next visit to try the spa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Excellent room, the bed was so comfortable, had saw in previous reviews problem with noise . We stayed in room 218 only noise was the train that came through woke up for two secs then fell right back to sleep,the restaurant was so good, room was beautiful, everyone was so friendly was going to a Springsteen concert and the front desk printed out directions for anyone going, pool was very nice, only suggestion is have room service breakfast menu in the room along with the phone numbers was trying to stay away from computers on vacation,lol. the WiFi is excellent.The pastry shop is also great, the special sodas and pastries where to die for. Steve at the restaurant was so helpful and attentive .coffee was never empty, breakfast suggestions he was great. Like I said one of the friendlist hotels I ever stayed at, everyone was smiling. will stay here again if in the area, don't let the fact that is great for business travels stop you from trying this hotel, pool was nice,very clean and warm, one great thing about business hotel the pool is empty.

Room Tip: the rooms away from the freeway will not have the train noise, did not hear the freeway noise at all...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I wanted to take my husband somewhere where he could just relax for 3 days. My great niece had just been hired as a physical therapist at the Evangeline Spa, which is located in the Epicurean complex. She suggested the hotel as I had booked a massage for my husband and a couples massage for the two of us at the spa. Both massage experiences were more than we expected, just awesome! The hotel is beautiful and had only been open a few months. The Epicurean has a theatre where guests can attend a wide variety of classes ranging from mixology to a specific cultural cooking class. We actually registered for 2 classes during our stay. The first was learning about whiskey and our second class was how to do wine and cheese pairing. Both were quite enjoyable with the guest speakers being connoisseurs of their individual expertise. The hotel offers complimentary bikes which my husband and i took advantage of, riding the 2 blocks to the bay. We plan to return for a longer stay where we can take advantage of all the hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: We actually did not require a specific room and were more than satisfied with ours, located on the s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Longboat Key, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel's location is its primary asset, as it allows you to enjoy the wines and the steaks at Bern's without having to drive home. The hotel is nicely conceived with a variety of options, such as a comprehensive wine shop and several eating venues. When we were there,the hotel had been open for about four months, but although the staff was exceedingly friendly,an air of uncertainty seem to be in the atmosphere. People had to consult one another to find things or how to perform certain tasks. When we got into the lobby at around 11 AM, the dining room stopped serving breakfast and it was too early for lunch. The coffee shop across the parking area was not open yet. Dinner the night before was great, the rooms are very nice, somewhat on the chi-chi side, the toiletries excellent, and when they get their act together,it will be a convenient place to spend the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
EpicureanHotel, General Manager at Epicurean Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We are very happy to hear you stayed with us after enjoying Bern’s Steakhouse! Our team of Epicureans are always learning and growing in their positions to make sure they are providing the best service possible to our guests! We always love hearing praise for our restaurant Élevage! We hope you will return to stay with us again and experience our Spa, Evangeline and Patisserie, Chocolate Pi!
Tom Haines
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband "kidnapped" me for my birthday and took me to the Epicurean Hotel, a wonderful, boutique hotel. It boasts six different stores on the first floor--restaurant, bakery, classroom that teaches all about wines, a wine store and two others. Our room was on the patio level, second floor. You had a patio complete with two comfy chairs, a loveseat and a table, so you could relax on the patio if you wished. The hotel is across from Bern's Steak House and close to the interstate, but you never heard the traffic Our room was great, comfy bed, huge shower--wonderful!, and nice amenities. The decor was devoted to wines and vineyards. The only complaint I had was there was no dresser, so it was a good thing we only stayed a night. Wonderful heated pool, very large, bathrobes provided, it was great. The best birthday I think I've ever had, and it wasn't even a milestone. I would definitely return to this lovely haven, excellent service, it was great.

Room Tip: Valet parking is quite reasonable and the service is quick.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We decided to go to Bern's Steakhouse, Tampa. Not wanting to drive home after a great evening of celebration. We decided to stay the night at the closest hotel. This hotel has recently opened and wow! What a great find!! We checked in and were escorted to our room by a front desk employee. We were shown our room and asked if it was to our liking. It far superceded our expections of an "in town" hotel. A true gem!

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the rooftop lounge!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our daughter moved to Tampa so we've been flying down frequently and checking out the hotels and restaurants Tampa has to offer. Until this one, we'd not really found a place we loved enough to excite us in Tampa. We love the smaller boutique atmosphere - and everything here is new and fresh - (unlike even the nicer large hotels in Tampa, all of which seem to be badly in need of more than just the surface cosmetic updates some of them seem to be doing). The room rate was also the best we've gotten, and it's the closest to my daughter. The hotel is in a spectacular area of Tampa - short walking distance to a wide variety of places....Daily Eats, Bern's, Ciccio, Copperfish, etc and walking distance to Bayshore Drive - one of the prettiest drives you will make - or run. The rooms are nicely appointed with the stuff I care about - mini bar fridge with some room for your stuff, coffee maker with liquid creamer, good enough water flow in the showers (no bathtub if you need that), Wi-Fi included in room rate, and an icemaker right down the hall. We enjoyed good service at the mostly empty, fairly small pool area the last afternoon we were there, the gym is small but well appointed for largely aerobic exercise, but didn't get a chance to try out the food or lounge area at the hotel this trip as we were out and about in Tampa. And although my husband is, I am not much of a foodie so a little too frou-frou in the food department for my tastes, although Chocolate Pi looked tasty. The parking is convenient, the valet quick, and the service received at every turn was excellent. It seems to have quickly become quite a night spot, as we were seeing a steady flow of nicely dressed people arriving at the hotel and heading toward the lounge in the evening. We hit some great eating spots while in Tampa this trip....check out Roy's and Kona Grill for dinner, and Pinky's and Daily Eats for breakfast - highly, highly recommend each of them and will definitely return to each one. Also, have to give kudos to the historic Sacred Heart Church for the Easter mass downtown and to the beautiful historic Tampa Theater where we checked out a rather unusual movie. We do intend to return many times to this little city we have grown to love - and will be back to the Epicurean!

Room Tip: View out the hotel window not that great - we were looking out at Bern's and the street, but the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Epicurean Hotel? Share your experiences!