“Food Themed Hotel-Comfortable & Cool,” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
asbury park, new jersey
“Food Themed Hotel-Comfortable & Cool,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a meeting that I had in the hotel's "theatre." It is a really comfortable, interesting and service orientated establishment. As the name indicates, the focus here is on FOOD with gourmet motifs all around. The rooms are large and extremely well appointed. The pool area is a bit boring, but it delivers what you need....water and a place to lay in the sun. The restaurant is amazing!!!! Their motto is new spins on old favorites. WOW, do they ever deliver.....I will review the restaurant, Elevage separately. It is wonderful. The only things that were a challenge was that I'm not a fan of only valet parking and there was an issue with my bill and my corporate account. Also, the wait staff for our meeting needed some major training on service and what a vegetarian option should look like. However the restaurant service was very good. I would definitely stay at the epicurean again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Epicurean, and were impressed with the service, with Élevage and the breakfasts (we tried the Epicurean Benedict, an inventive variation on an old favorite; omelette with mushrooms and black truffles; egg whites with spinach; the croissants were ample and correct (flaky on the outside, chewy on the inside); we can recommend the huckleberry jam -- everything was good, though the orange juice should not be billed as "fresh=squeezed": it isn't). The rooms were well-appointed, with a luxurious robe (but, unaccountably, no slippers). For a new hotel, the soundproofing was terrible: we could hear people in the hall and in the room next door. The staff was invariably attentive, and we especially liked the mobile registration: someone meets you at the door with an iPad, takes your particulars and accompanies you immediately to your room: no waiting at the reception, no bell boy hassle, no lugging luggage through a pretentious lobby.

Altogether a satisfying stay; now if they would only take care of the soundproofing....

Room Tip: Marriot Rewards customers get either a continental breakfast or its value ($8.00 per person) deducte...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I are both Marriott Rewards members and always make an effort to stay where we can stay in a Marriott. This was our first experience with Epicurean and it was WONDERFUL from the moment we arrived until the moment we left the property. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was quite large for a boutique hotel with great amenities and super comfy beds. Also, if you're a foodie then the Elevage Restaurant is a must! The food was out of this world and the staff was perfectly lovely! We will definitely stay at the Epicurean on our next trip to Tampa.

Room Tip: Request to be on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I took my wife to the Epicurean for her birthday. We ate, with our daughters and husband/significant other, at the Elevage. We also had breakfast the next day. Our room was spacious, very nicely appointed, We loved the shower--the best! Our dinner was spectacular and Mark-Adam, our server, was simply excellent. We did the classic breakfast the next day and were well pleased with the quality and the quantity. My wife thought this was the best birthday ever and her time at the Epicurean the best.

We checked in at 5pm and were able to use the heated pool--before dinner. That was enjoyable--the temp was just perfect.

The Epicurean is an urban hotel, so you do have some noise from the Crosstown Expressway. We didn't notice any noise in our room.

We plan to come here often.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our main reason for staying here was the proximity to Bern's Steakhouse (right across the street), and the fact that we are Marriott Rewards Members. The hotel is also convenient for walking to several other bars and restaurants on S. Howard Ave. The hotel is fairly new and the overall vibe is definitely different from the run of the mill Marriott...more trendy and casual feeling. This was our first time staying at the Autograph brand, so perhaps that is their 'thing'. Check in was smooth and easy, although we were told by the gal checking us in that we would have a room on the 'quieter' Howard St. side (as opposed to the highway side) but that wasn't the case once we got to the room; this was quickly remedied by calling down and having our room changed (would be good for the front desk people to be know the rooms, especially since there are not many rooms in the hotel). The room was clean, very up-to-date and the bed was very comfy...bathroom was a nice size and the shower was very spacious. I liked that the room had plenty of space to move around...we never felt cramped even when hanging in the room in the morning before breakfast. Speaking of breakfast...the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was delish! I had pistachio French toast and the hubby had a regular eggs & bacon breakfast and it was very good, as was the service we received. There are two bars in the hotel...one on the roof with sofas and heaters for enjoying the outside even when it's a bit chilly, and one in the restaurant...again, the waitstaff was very pleasant and efficient. Our only unfortunate issue (and this is why I'm giving 4 stars - maybe even 3.5 stars) we had was with noise :( First, don't expect your room to be soundproof...you can easily hear every person in the hall (housekeeping, people walking the halls, etc.) from inside your room. For some reason, I think this is simply the way they build new hotels these days (I have come across many similar complaints on TA on various hotels); the VERY unfortunate part of this was that we were next to a room of guys who partied well into the night and were very loud. We are not fuddy-duddy party-poopers - we get that people like to party with their friends when on vacation, but it was pretty inconsiderate in this case, as this was going on until almost 2am. Tried calling the front desk around 1:30am...no answer, after many rings. Had to get dressed, go down to the front desk where there was someone on duty (why didn't they answer the phone, who knows?) and ask them to send someone up to quiet the group down. The good news - they dealt with it promptly. The bad news - a really crappy sleep that night. I'd stay here again but will feel a little tentative about the noise level. Overall, a very good hotel with nice amenities, and staff that were pleasant and accomodating.

Room Tip: Try a room on the 3rd floor, as the bar is atop the 4th floor and the restaurant is beneath the 2nd...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was in Tampa for a vendor conference. I expected a decent hotel, but I was blown away by the Epicurean. The room was spacious, the bathroom was great. The shower was the best. Even the iron in the closet was top notch. The staff was consistently nice. Oh, I almost forgot the best part - the food. Incredible. I've never had better scallops. Even the hotel manager spent a few minutes talking to me, which meant quite a lot.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Room top bar, weather permitting, is outstanding. Check in curb side with an I-pad makes the check in seamless. It is completed in your room. Really a nice touch. Spa services are outstanding. Food services and room service will, hopefully, improve. Hotel only opened in December 13. Rooms are wonderful and staff is young and enthusiastic. Wish I had a reason to return to Tampa soon so I could stay there again. My wife advises that the hair dryer was not the "wimpy" dryer found in most places. Wonderful make up mirror. Heavenly bed. Everything about the hotel was "easy."

Room Tip: Unless you want to walk outside from your room in the 2nd floor to the pool, the balcony is rather p...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Epicurean Hotel? Share your experiences!