“New experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #826 of 2,001 Restaurants in Tampa
Lutz, Florida
“New experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My coworker is a fan of this place and told me about the Cachapa. Since she offered to buy me one I agreed to try it. I am writing this as I eat because it is the best and sweetest authentic food I have tasted in a while. I am a new fan and plan to try other items on the menu if they taste as homemade as the Cachapa.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gulfport, Florida
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the food truck festival in St. Pete at USF. After looking at all the food from all of the trucks, we decided to try Nico's. It was very reasonable & all of the sandwichs looked delicious. We ordered the chicken special, but were told they were out of the chicken salad that goes on top of the sandwich. So we ordered the beef. We were handed another sandwich with pork in it by mistake. The owners offered to give us the right one & not charge us for the incorrect order.
The pork pieces topped with cheese were inside a arepa, which is like a thick pita made with corn meal. It was soft on the inside, but had a wonderful soft crunch on the outside. We topped it with the garlic aoli sauce. Wonderful, wonderful....and big enough for the two of us to share. It's family food from Venezuela. The truck is located in Tampa on Hillsborough & we look forward to finding it again.

• Visited January 2013