“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had a really good stay here, which is right in the middle of Ybor. Ybor took us a little by surprise, it's quirky, eclectic and really quite beautiful. We took a walk outside every evening - and had a great selection of restaurants to choose from.

I had accidentally booked an accessible room, which we didn't need. However - as someone who has family members who do - we really appreciated all the effort and modifications that went into making this an accessible hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wilkesbarre, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

For a last minute booking for me an my family hampton suites did an amazing job making everything go smoothly as possible they were very polite an professional even going as far as providing options for different food and entertainment venues in the area. I would recoomend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice clean place to stay close to many amenities that ybor city has to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The room was very nice and the staff very helpful and friendly. The location was also very nice with a lot of restaurants within a very short walk. Yes, the hotel is well outside the center of the city (we were there for a conference at the convention city) but unless you ate meals at the convention center hotels, there wasn't much other choice around the convention center. Ybor City gives you that choice and we ate some wonderful meals in the area. There is a trolley that brings you to the convention center but not early in the morning; however, the hotel has a shuttle that starts early enough for most needs. The shuttle drivers were very courteous and friendly, which is really saying something because I think their cell phones were ringing constantly with convention goers trying to arrange rides to/from the hotel....hats off to them! It is not a luxury hotel like you see around the convention center, but all those hotels have are nice lobbies but the rooms are very similar. We would stay here again if we were in the Tampa area. My rating is based on a comparison with other budget hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

this hotel was very clean and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was outstanding especially Cynthia She was so helpful in offering tips for lunch and other adventures

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Neenah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was going to Tampa for a day surgery and this hotel was so friendly and accommodating, it made the trip very easy and carefree. The front desk employees were amazing! They gave my daughter and I suggestions for what there was to do in town, where to eat, called for our shuttles and cabs when needed. I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in Ybor City for one evening and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City Downtown. I'm so glad I chose this location. I arrived very early, like 8am. I usually call the hotel to see if they have vacancies that early, but I forgot. Upon arrival, it seemed they had a conference that was happening. A lot of the visitors were staying there for the conference. I was told there were no rooms available at the time. I recommend to always call before you arrive and have your reservation paperwork with you. After about 30 mins, Ryan, the very helpful and friendly Front Staff Agent was able to find me a room. Apparently, there was a no show who didn't arrive so all they had to do was check the room out. I was able to go to my room and unpack. The room was very clean and the AC worked very well. Bed linens were clean and the room smelled clean as well. I know people have issues sometimes with rooms, but it's not something I find an issue with. I'm not a picky person. All I need is a clean bed, room, ice bucket and good AC. Views and closeness to elevators or stairs is not a priority for me.

There is usually complimentary breakfast, but because I arrived so early, I chose not to partake. After unpacking and signing on to the easy internet, I looked at the local transit system. There are street cars/trolley's that were right outside the hotel on the intersecting street, Nuccio Pkwy. There are local buses as well, www.gohart.org. This will help you if you are not driving which I was not. 7th Ave is a very active and busy street, but only going towards the East end of the road. I was able to navigate easily around the city, especially if you have an iPhone and use the maps on the phone. It will automatically inform when your next bus is coming and the number too. VERY HELPFUL.

New York New York Pizza on 7th, VERY GOOD. Brittney and Cynthia who were the afternoon agents at the front desk, were very helpful and recommended this pizza place and other places for food. They informed me of the area and I found it very helpful and beneficial as a guest. Everyone that I came across at this property was very helpful and nice during my stay.

I've already made reservations for another stay. This time longer, because I was only there for one evening.

I highly recommend this location. I highly recommend calling before arriving early in the morning, just in case they really are sold out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staff at this hotel is great.. very professional and in tune with everything in the area. front desk attendants alway greeted me with a smile day or night. i am already planning a non-business trip with the family and this will be the hotel choice in the Tampa area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown? Share your experiences!