“Clean Hotel in Centro Ybor” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Clean Hotel in Centro Ybor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I live in the Tampa Bay area, and love to go out in Ybor. I stay at this hotel at least once a month because this affordable hotel is cheaper than a DUI.

The hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. My room seems to always either smell of smoke, or paint for whatever reason. The room is always clean. The breakfast is always over run with guests, and the staff have difficulty keeping the good replenished.

Parking can become an issue, and you will have to park across the street. Not a horrible think, just a pain.

This hotel is super close to all the Ybor has to offer, is secure, and clean. And for me, cheaper than a DUI, so I am a fan.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
High Springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are going on a cruise. Shuttle service and safe parking are excellent. Hotel security is excellent with a room key needed to gain entry and use the elevators. A walking tour of the famous Ybor City is a must see, also just a few blocks fro the hotel. Plenty of good restaurant choices and you can watch cigars being made while you are there.

Boston,Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Parking was somewhat of an issue once we went out for dinner. The location is excellent for walking around. Close to nice restaurants and places of entertainment. Hotel is also shor drive to downtown and the Hard Rock Casino. We felt very safe walking around the neighborhood.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

If your going to Ybor City (Tampa, Fl) this is the place to stay. Everything is within walking distance, and it is a very nice place to stay. Love the strip, look forward to it every year. The food is great and the drinks not bad at all.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Doing most of my travels in Central America I was very happy to stay here. I had erred in my reservations but the staff were prompt in correcting the problem. Also let us check in early to a beautiful room and very clean. Hotel was right in Ybor City and on the street car line. The place was a little rich for my blood(did mention I usually travel in Central America).Super place, will stay there again and would recommend.....

Dania Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Clean rooms, nice staff, breakfast is nothing special. Right on 7th ave, walking distance to everything Ybor city has. Very clean, updated hotel with all the amenities you could need. If your looking for a place to stay in Ybor this s it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. As always the hotel was very clean and service was nice but has declined sharply since my last stay. Check in was time consuming with me being checked into a dirty room with a messy bed at first. I then left to explore the city. Upon my return, I was not given the room I booked. It was very odd how long it took to get me into the correct room. The front desk simply seemed confused like they did not know what to do causing me to stand at the front desk annoyed for much longer then necessary. After the long wait, I still did not get the room I booked, but it was close enough. When I used my shower for the first time there were about 10 small flies I had to kill. They were just hanging out in the enclosed shower and not able to escape. That was kind of gross. For two days in a row the water pressure in my shower was a literal trickle of water at times. There wasn't even enough pressure to rinse my face off for several minutes at at time. I could tell each time someone started their shower because I lost more water pressure. The front desk offered to move me but could not guarantee the water pressure would be any better because this was not a common issue. This was not an issue for me on my previous visits, so I was surprised as well. Considering this hotel was just remodeled I was a little shocked at the out dated and moldy shower in my room. I hope the showers and plumbing will be fixed the next time I visit Ybor. If I didn't have so many great stays at this hotel, I'd never return. I know this hotel is usually excellent in every category, so I will use this hotel the next time I'm in town and hope the hotel will be on top of things as they have been in the past. This hotel is close to everything in Ybor and very convenient. The parking garage is clean and has plenty of parking. A room key is required to use the elevator when going to floors with guest rooms, which is nice. The hotel has a very small gym.

Room Tip: Avoid room 513 due to poor water pressure. Make sure you are given the room you booked.