“Love this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

While recovering from thyroid surgery, I stayed in the Hampton Inn for 3 days. I was pleasantly surprised the day before surgery when I explored the Latin Historic district. Everything was close enough to walk to, but a shuttle is available for free transportation to shops and restaurants in the area. I ate at the Columbia restaurant (about 10 blocks away) and the food was AMAZING as well as the wonderful atmosphere. They have authentic Flamingo dancers (free) and the energy was great...service was too.

When I returned from dinner at the Columbia Restaurant the first night, there were warm, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. YUM. The next day was my surgery. They arranged for rides to and from Tampa General Hospital When I got back from surgery I was quite weak an unable to walk by myself. The shuttle driver walked me to my hotel room (not his job) and literally would have probably carried me if I'd asked! It gets better...That night, still in pain, still groggy, I called the front desk to see if they had one of those yummy cookies. They didn't....all out :-( An hour later, someone knocked on my door and when I opened it, the shuttle driver (different person) had 4 home made warm cookies for me!!!! How kind, how unexpected, how wonderful... I would recommend staying here to anyone. Prices are fair, beds are super comfy, and rooms have refrigerators, microwave, flat screen TV, wife fi internet, etc. Above all, the staff is kind, efficient and well....AMAZING.

Room Tip: My room was a 2 bed (queen) standard room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seabrook Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn while a family member was a patient at Tampa General Hospital. The staff was cordial, professional and very helpful. I parked my car at the hotel, but used the hotel shuttle to visit the hospital daily. The shuttle drivers were friendly and very punctual. The complimentary breakfast was delightful and bountiful!! This is a great place to stay - I hope to come back again for a visit with no hospital involvement!!
Lynne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The staff and room was very good as compared to other hotels I have stayed. The breakfast items were fresh and plentiful. The receptionist and staff were very pleasant and helpful. They helped me with fining restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Macon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited this hotel on the night before departing for cruise. Located in Ybor city and close to the Cruise port of Tampa. This hotel is a great stop before or after your cruise, or anytime to visit Ybor City. The hotel has ample parking and for a fee you can leave your car there and take the free shuttle to and from the cruise port. The breakfast is included and great quality also. It is located at the end of the main street in Ybor City which is a hopping spot for night life with many bars just short stroll down the street. I highly recommend this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night before our cruise. Had a great time in Ybor City. The shuttle to the port was quick and efficient as was the pick up after the cruise. We left our car in the hotel's covered parking area and it was fine. Good value for the convenience it offers cruisers

• Stayed September 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

we stayed at the hapton inn in ybor city, florida because they were close to the cruise terminal and they offered an amazing deal of stay and cruise. our car was left there for an entire week and when we got back it was just fine. We loved the room and the location and will be back again to stay and explore Ybor City!

Elyria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a excellent place to stay ,I would return and also I will be telling my friends and family to stay there.The staff was so helpful from the door to the desk, housekeeping ,and Breakfast room.Very clean and just Beautiful and relaxing room very clean . If you stay here you will not be dissapointed....

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown? Share your experiences!