“Great Place to Stay Before a Cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Great Place to Stay Before a Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night before our cruise. Had a great time in Ybor City. The shuttle to the port was quick and efficient as was the pick up after the cruise. We left our car in the hotel's covered parking area and it was fine. Good value for the convenience it offers cruisers

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

we stayed at the hapton inn in ybor city, florida because they were close to the cruise terminal and they offered an amazing deal of stay and cruise. our car was left there for an entire week and when we got back it was just fine. We loved the room and the location and will be back again to stay and explore Ybor City!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Elyria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a excellent place to stay ,I would return and also I will be telling my friends and family to stay there.The staff was so helpful from the door to the desk, housekeeping ,and Breakfast room.Very clean and just Beautiful and relaxing room very clean . If you stay here you will not be dissapointed....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is by far one of the best that Ybor City has to offer. All the staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel seemed brand new, the bed very comfortable and I felt totally rested next day.

PORT ST LUCIE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great value for a hotel with great location. Easy access to restaurants and entertainment without the congestion of Tampa. As a female traveling alone I felt very safe and was able to work from the hotel without any internet problems. Room was modern, comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly and happy to help.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I was glad to see you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This property is a pimple on the face of the Hilton Hampton Inn franchise. Although the Managers on duty tried their best to accommodate, I think they were truly embarrassed by the staff that works there. So, I'm not faulting the Managers on Duty...they were the only professionals in the house and I thank them for their efforts.

However, the staff (housekeeping, security, breakfast) were abominable!

First, my room was never attended to (outside of simply putting the duvet cover back on my bed): garbage was never removed, bathroom left unattended, coffee maker & cold/hot cups left without replenishment, etc.

Second, the hotel is on the edge of the trendy Seventh Avenue night scene, near some Youth Centre with nasty street urchins acting like little punks (I got sprayed with some beer by one); and in the hotel, some teenyboppers were all over going to other floors of the hotel when they were obviously not guests (a room key was necessary to operate the lift)...and where was security? Stuffing his face and chatting with some folks in the eating area, looking at something with these guys on their iPads.

Third, the icing on the cake: went for breakfast (breakfast is included with the room rate) the next morning...the serving area was a shambles - waffle batter all over the place, waffle machines inoperable, coffee urns empty, scraps of dried up food left, and no staff in site. I muttered to myelf, "ENOUGH!" I had breakfast at a nearby eatery, coming back later to make yet another complaint and the MOD was resting (heck, he was pulling a double shift and made to work on a night his religion prohibits) and when I told the front desk person about the teenagers milling about, all I got from her was, "kids will be kids"

I left (no, RAN!) to another hotel in the Hilton family a few blocks away. So bottom line, if you want a nice place close to the action of Ybor City, yet far enough to have a nice quiet evening...THIS AIN'T THE PLACE!

Room Tip: book at the Hilton Garden Inn instead!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I do want to truly apologize for the problems you experienced with the room cleanliness, breakfast & security. I can assure you that I have spoken to my Director of Housekeeping and Operations Manager regarding your stay. As the new General Manager here I will take the steps to correct these issues immediately. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm a Hilton Honors member and I travel for business frequently, more so in the Tampa area. I always seem to gravitate towards the Hampton Inn family which is why I chose this hotel but what a mistake! First, the location was questionable, in a "seedy" area of town with alot of creepy looking guys hanging out in front of run down businesses. I was checking in after a long day of meetings and arrived around 7:30pm--the parking is a disaster with not enough spots in the 2 level ramp and it was hardly lit in the area I had to park. The front desk staff was rude which surprised me for a Hilton property and unlike all other Hilton hotels I've stayed at I wasn't greeted as a Hilton Honors member which is a "no no". The room had been smoked in even though my reservation was for a non-smoking room and everything inside the room was worn out and dated looking. In the morning I skipped the complimentary breakfast and got out of there as soon as I could and definitely will never return. Oh, and be prepared for the $8 they charge you to park your car.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I truly apologize we did not meet your expectations. I certainly appreciate your feedback in helping us improve our hotel. This is my 1st week as the General Manager here and feedback will help us improve our property. I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. Please contact me directly at 813.247.6700 and ask for Paul (General Manager) as I would like to talk more about your recent stay.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown? Share your experiences!