“Hampton Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Naples, Florida, United States
“Hampton Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great staff along with great service. Clean hotel room and felt very safe. Very convenient, friendly shuttle service and close to everything. Will be back and recommend to other co workers and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ybor, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The area wasn't my cup of tea. But I am sure if I were younger and into party and stuff this would be a good place to visit. I was there for business only. The hotel was exteremly clean and all staff were friendly. It was just the surroundings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Evans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff with a park-and-cruise program, a great location and free shuttle service combined with clean rooms, comfortable beds and a hearty free breakfast, make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sedona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tampa/Ybor City because I was having minor surgery at Tampa General Hospital. I came to Tampa (from Arizona) as the surgeons for Hyperparathyroid Disease are renowned in Tampa. The hospital recommended the Hampton Inn for people traveling from out-of-state; it is under 2 miles away.

When we first arrived, admittedly we were skeptical. The parking situation is VERY confusing. We parked in the underground lot and in order to get up to the lobby (via the elevator) you needed a room key. Well, we didn't have a room key yet! We didn't realize the check in/lobby entrance was on the upper level of their parking lot.

In order to get to ANY floor/room you need a room key. This is actually a nice security feature. But just make sure to always have your key on you/accessible when you are getting into the elevator.

The next small issue I had was the initial room they assigned us smelled like smoke. It's challenging for hotels because once someone smokes in a non-smoking room, the smoke is still in furniture/carpet/walls. I am highly allergic to smoke and asked for another room. Brittany at the front desk could not have been more helpful. We did find a room that met our requirements.

The room is fairly standard in size for a Hampton Inn (2 Queen Beds). The refrigerator is VERY spacious/large. And the rooms have microwaves as well. I was able to rest very comfortably before and after surgery. Brittany also recommended the Carne Chop House, which we LOVED (dined there 3 nights in a row).

The surrounding area is a bit sketchy at first glance. But as you walk around, you realize it is "funky"! Great little shops and restaurants. I wish I had been here feeling 100% so I could have taken advantage of the area more!

It's our last night here and the guests on our floor are a bit loud; seem to be in a party mode. Again, this is not the hotels fault. We have yet to go to sleep; I am certain if we need to report the noise, the front desk will handle it

We did take a nice walk on Bayshore Blvd. (a 10 minute drive away). Really nice to be off the water; especially since we live in Arizona.

My boyfriend and I agree: Next time we are in Tampa, we will stay at the Hampton Inn Tampa/Ybor City! I hope to see Brittany again! :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City for a short weekend trip. Parking was a little frustrating; there just aren't enough spots in the deck. When I arrived, there was nowhere to park, even in the "15 min for check-in only" spots. Therefore, I had to park in the overflow lot and pay the $5 to park because as I was not yet checked in, I didn't have a Hotel hang tag. This however, was the only negative aspect of my stay.
I stayed in a king suite which was quite serviceable. It was very clean upon check in. The bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning functioned well. I didn't notice the mustiness that others have mentioned.
The wifi functioned well the little bit that I used it. There was no in-room safe, but I guess that's not common in hotels of this class.
There is a trolley station around the corner from the hotel, and the hotel is within an easy walk of the heart of Ybor.
I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Tampa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We departed Tampa for our cruise. Wanted to stay close to ships docks as we know nothing about Tampa. Ybor city is a funky area with LOTS to see and do. Hotel staff was very helpful with directions and guiding us to a place to eat. If you can get in, try the Laughing Cat for fresh Italian food and their amazing Sangria! I dream about it. The hotel room was new, sparkling clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet that is included in the room rate was yummy and perfect for people rushing to their cruise ship. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the ships docks and they are very in tuned to guests that are cruising. I would highly recommend this quaint hotel. If we cruise again out of Tampa, we will definitely stay at The Hampton Inn Ybor City.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I was sad that this place seems not all that safe at all. I was annoyed that the book in the rooms says there is room service claims you cam get food until 10 but when I called thy said they wouldn't come after 9 because of safety. If the paper said ten that would be fine but it said 10. Also a hotel in such a crappy area should be less than $100. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean though at least. Oh also not too fun foe kids. Nothing to do in ybor with kids.

• Stayed April 2013
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear abellona,

We are happy you found our staff friendly and the rooms clean. We were very disappointed to learn that you had a problem with our room service provider and that you felt the area was not safe. The Ybor City merchants, as well as the Tampa Police Department, have put in a lot of effort to ensure our visitors are safe. This week TPD announced that crime in Ybor City is down 83% in the 10 year period from 2002-2012. Some crimes were down 97%. Although we always recommend our guests take the same precautions here that they would take in any large city we can confidently state that we are much safer than most other similar cities.

We wish we could have made some recommendations to you for some family friendly things to do. We are located within a historic Ybor City trolley ride or our own shuttle can take you to the Florida Aquarium. We are within walking distance to GameTime at Centro Ybor where you can enjoy interactive games and simulators. And during the year there are various kid friendly festivals that can be enjoyed by all.

We hope a future trip to Tampa will allow you to enjoy all that Ybor City has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit.

Stephen Nunez

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown? Share your experiences!