Upon first seeing where the motel was that my wife had booked about a mile from where we were catching our cruise; I was skeptical that this was a wise move. Fortunately, as we walked around the area during the mid afternoon and early evening; my fears were allayed.
The motel is very closely located on the TECO cable car route taking us more to the downtown area of Tampa on Saturday morning/afternoon. It is also located very close to cruise docks as I stated before, and as well, close to accommodating and excellent restaurants like Bernini's, the Columbia, James Joyce Irish Pub, the every Saturday farmer's market, and a variety of other restaurants that we would have loved to have tried time permitting.
The breakfast was delicious each morning, although the breakfast area is a bit full of folks on the weekends awaiting the shuttle to catch their cruises. So sometimes you may have to wait five or ten minutes for a table; but the breakfast is tasty and very filling with a wide selection from waffles, to bacon or sausage, eggs, juices, cereals, bagels, muffins, etc.
The rooms are very nicely done and the motel was EXTREMELY quiet. I slept better here in the king sized bed than I have slept at my own home. The staff was also very helpful and friendly and gave any kinds of help whenever it was needed; even advising us about the best time to catch the shuttle over to the cruise docks. (No need to get there so early since you'll just wait until they allow you on the ship.) We got to the cruise terminal at about 1:30 and were escorted in and in 15 minutes were on the ship; practically no waiting whatsoever.
I'd highly advise this motel for an overnight stay while visiting downtown Tampa or wanting to get on a cruise the next day or two. As far as the neighborhood, I probably wouldn't advise going out after about 11 p.m.; but otherwise, all should be good. Besides, there aren't many locations I'd stay at where I'd feel safe walking around in the area after 11 p.m.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tap into Tampa's bountiful resources of culture, nature, and adventure that co-exist harmoniously in this Gulf Coast metropolis. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-Ybor City/Downtown makes a great connecting point: It is located in the historic district of Ybor City - only about a mile from the Tampa Convention Center, the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminal, and the Channelside Entertainment District. Enjoy our free shuttle service to any location within three miles of the hotel. Our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. In fact, we have 138 of them! If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. Or, if you're here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, king-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.