I stayed in this hotel on business for 12 days, which is a long enough stay to be able to judge the hotel. It's very well situated, easy to find, good rooms, helpful staff, really useful shuttle service, and safe.
First of all, the hotel is easy to find, so if you are not used to the city and decided to do your own driving it's VERY EASY to find even if you got completely lost. Just follow the Ybor signs and then 7th is the main street there.
The location is excellent since it has a lot of diners, clubs, fast food placed and restaurants around, and Ybor city is a really nice historic part of Tampa. Make sure to visit Tampa Bay Brewery Company, it's less than half a mile walk and it has amazing food and drinks. On the weekends the area gets crazy with clubs etc so if you're into nightlife you'll enjoy it there.
The shuttle service is excellent, 8 am to 10 pm everyday, 3 miles radius. Can generally go to most places of interest around you. The drivers are very nice and helpful.
I'm not a pool person, I prefer open waters, but the pool looks clean, and is usually empty. As well as the small fitness center. So if you decided to use them, you'll really feel they're yours alone.
Rooms are good, microwave is a huge plus, and the bed is super comfy... I am a 6 hours sleeper person, and somehow in this hotel I used to sleep 8 to 9 hours a day, something that I never ever do!
With regards to front desk, all of them are really helpful and nice, some of them NEVER smile in your face, no matter how you smile they just never greet you or smile back at you and it's always the poker face... I don't mind that as long as they do their job in a professional way, which they do. Some others are super nice and friendly, making you feel at home. If the management are reading this, I tried to remember 3 names from the front desk that were especially very friendly, helpful and professional, but unfortunately I only remember 2 which are Bonny and Tiffany.
The only thing I didn't like much was room cleaning, all what was done was changing towels and making bed... no changing sheets, no real cleaning for the room floor or the toilet. Just toilet paper, towels and making bed. I didn't like that much. I requested the bed sheets to be changed once and they did change them. But the following days I didn't ask, and they were not changed.
Also, the breakfast is VERY basic, everyday it's the same 3 or 4 option. I don't mind few selections I only mind having to eat the same breakfast over and over again for 12 days, I skipped it sometimes because of that.
Overall it's a really good hotel, I will stay there again next week since I have more business to do in Tampa. It really exceeded my expectations and I really felt comfortable and at home.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tap into Tampa's bountiful resources of culture, nature, and adventure that co-exist harmoniously in this Gulf Coast metropolis. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-Ybor City/Downtown makes a great connecting point: It is located in the historic district of Ybor City - only about a mile from the Tampa Convention Center, the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminal, and the Channelside Entertainment District. Enjoy our free shuttle service to any location within three miles of the hotel. Our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. In fact, we have 138 of them! If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. Or, if you're here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, king-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.