“Good stay for the week” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #23 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Good stay for the week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff. Awesome shuttle drivers. I didn't care for the breakfast but that's okay. They had the bags ready for the grab and go. My room was okay so I don't have any complaints about that either. I think the snacks were priced really high. The shuttle drivers were really nice.. my one complaint would be that I wish Pizza Hut could deliver to the hotel. I ordered some Jamaican jerk wings from Green Iguana and they were really really good. So was the hamburger. So all in all my experience here was okay.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The area was iffy but the Hampton was safe along with the parking garage. We stayed 3 nights before cruising and took the shuttle to the cruise ! Being form a large city Chicago and knowing the areas can be dangerous, upon arriving the manager gave us directions to navigate a safer route to and from the airport. The staff went above and beyond our expectations ! We are booked again for this November and very much looking forward to our stay again ! Plenty of restaurants and things to do in the area. Everyone working in this Hampton went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and very informative !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with our grand kids and another couple with their grand kids. They are in the process of updating the hotel so there were a few issues that the manager, Stephen Nunez, worked on to our utmost satisfaction. You will not find more caring and courteous employees from the manager, desk clerks, shuttle driver to the breakfast staff. The free shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go in a three mile area which covers Ybor City, downtown Tampa, the Florida Aquarium, the Amtrak station and the Port of Tampa.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out at 7th Avenue are the most scenic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just arrived back home from the Hampton Inn @ Ybor City and thought our stay was excellent. The hotel is exceptionally clean and a nice safe area of town. We travel a great deal and this was the 52nd night hotel stay for us this year and we highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

The front desk staff was outstanding and pleasant and made many suggestions for us to do or eat. They have a complimentary breakfast and the hostesses taking care of the food room was so very pleasant as well and always spoke to us each morning and took an interest in our day.

We had 2 rooms and came with our 4 grandkids along with friends with their 2 grandkids and yet everyone at the hotel did everything to make our stay a great one. I also want to thank the manager, Stephen Nunez for going out of his way to have the pool area for our use during some renovation that was going on.

I must also mention the complimentary shuttle and how very pleasant each driver was that catered to us and shuttled us to/from the Amtrak station, dining places within a 3 mi. radius and to/from the Florida Aquarium during our stay. You gotta love that perk.....:)

Ybor City would be alot of fun for the party crowd on a Friday-Sunday but excellent for kids during the week. They have a super arcade, a movie theatre, FL Aquarium and kids art museum that you can get into for $2.00 on the first Tuesday of each month.

The hotel is real handy if you are taking a cruise out of the Tampa Port Authority. I would recommend staying before or after your cruise and the hotel will shuttle you complimentary to the port.

Room Tip: Free shuttle service from the hotel within a 3 mile radius. Excellent to take the Amtrak to Ybor Ci...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brooksville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a few problems at check-in and they promised us an upgrade but couldn't deliver which was very dissapointing. They need much more seating in the breakfast area, the pool left much to be desired, the walls in the room were very thin, the a/c was loud, the elevators took forever and the staff was not friendly at all! Besides those issues, the room seemed clean for the most part besides some dust in the bathroom, very good location in Ybor and parking was convenient and cheap. I would say if you're drunk from partying in Ybor and don't notice anything then stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and apologize a complimentary upgrade was not available for you. Due to unexpected maintenance problems we could not accommodate you in one of those rooms. It was disappointing to learn of our lack of service but we will share your feedback with all of our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We know we can do better!

Please contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss a return visit to our property. I am confident a future stay will display the Hampton service and accommodations our guests have come to expect and enjoy.

Stephen Nunez
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night and there are lots of great places to eat in Ybor. The hotel was clean and efficient. Breakfast was good it was a buffet not much choise but good enough. Free tea and coffee all day

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn from 7/31 - 8/2 for work. The first room I was given wasn't cleaned. I did my usual bed bug inspection (which they past!), and saw a huge red (dried blood color) stain on the mattress of the 1st bed. The 2nd bed had hair on every level (duvet, flat sheet, fitted sheet, mattress pad and on the mattress). I immediately went to the front desk to ask for another room. He apologized and gave me another room. The 2nd room was better and clean and also passed the bed bug test.

Around 6pm that evening, I hear this tapping noise. I thought it was children running around in the next room, until I noticed a "rhythmic" pattern...It was my neighbor having sex and their headboard was knocking into the wall, which made my wall shake too. This happened again the next day at 10 and this morning 8/2/12 at 2am.

I'm all for people having sex and doing what they need to do, but DAMN I really do not need to hear it or see my walls shaking. Yes I could have complained to the front desk (but didn't want to seem like a prude), but I was worried about being put in another dirty room or having another neighbor louder than the last.

Needless to say I will NEVER stay at this location again. The parking lot is sketchy at best. No clear sign as to park unless you pass the building and see the "small" sign in the corner window telling you to park behind the building and around the block.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your first room. We conduct regular room inspections that are scored on a 1000 point basis and share these inspections with our staff and supervisors. Clearly we dropped the ball with the first room you were given. Although I was happy to hear that the second room was clean I would like to follow up with you personally. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 813-247-6700.

Stephen Nunez

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown? Share your experiences!