We just arrived back home from the Hampton Inn @ Ybor City and thought our stay was excellent. The hotel is exceptionally clean and a nice safe area of town. We travel a great deal and this was the 52nd night hotel stay for us this year and we highly recommend this Hampton Inn.
The front desk staff was outstanding and pleasant and made many suggestions for us to do or eat. They have a complimentary breakfast and the hostesses taking care of the food room was so very pleasant as well and always spoke to us each morning and took an interest in our day.
We had 2 rooms and came with our 4 grandkids along with friends with their 2 grandkids and yet everyone at the hotel did everything to make our stay a great one. I also want to thank the manager, Stephen Nunez for going out of his way to have the pool area for our use during some renovation that was going on.
I must also mention the complimentary shuttle and how very pleasant each driver was that catered to us and shuttled us to/from the Amtrak station, dining places within a 3 mi. radius and to/from the Florida Aquarium during our stay. You gotta love that perk.....:)
Ybor City would be alot of fun for the party crowd on a Friday-Sunday but excellent for kids during the week. They have a super arcade, a movie theatre, FL Aquarium and kids art museum that you can get into for $2.00 on the first Tuesday of each month.
The hotel is real handy if you are taking a cruise out of the Tampa Port Authority. I would recommend staying before or after your cruise and the hotel will shuttle you complimentary to the port.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tap into Tampa's bountiful resources of culture, nature, and adventure that co-exist harmoniously in this Gulf Coast metropolis. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-Ybor City/Downtown makes a great connecting point: It is located in the historic district of Ybor City - only about a mile from the Tampa Convention Center, the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminal, and the Channelside Entertainment District. Enjoy our free shuttle service to any location within three miles of the hotel. Our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. In fact, we have 138 of them! If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. Or, if you're here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, king-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.